Differences between GPC standard and Limited P3 backpack

Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody have the standard GPC P3 backpack ? beside the custom GPC backpack (standard) and 501 backpack (Limited edition), does both backpack have exactly the same pockets, cushions etc. From GPC website I can't really tell the difference from the picture. I am looking to put a P3P, ipad air, 8 x propellers, 100w chargers, remote controller, 6 x batteries, laptop in the backpack. It will be great if someone can do a review between the 2 bags will be great for me. Appreciate your help and advise

I own the standard. The deluxe uses a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack. The standard is the GPC version of the same pack. The quality on the standard is excellent but I won't be using it as a hardcore backpack. Unless you're an adventure photographer doing some extended hiking and climbing, the standard should be perfect.

Reactions: Fplvert
I have the standard pack. I was sort of disappointed when I found out that the waist straps do not have the ability to fold into the back of the pack like the 5.11 version.

I have the limited edition one (P2V) but here is a nice review for the standard edition (P3).

http://flytpath.com/dji-phantom-3-standard-edition-gpc/

Here are two videos I made today on the Limited Edition. First is Unboxing and Overview. Second is full review.

GoProfessional Phantom 3 Limited Edition Backpack Unbox and Overview.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Go Professional Phantom 3 Limited Edition Backpack Full Review and inspection.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great review BenDronePilot!

I had my P2V+ in the GPC Limited Edition backpack fall (tumble) down a trail in Hawaii. It actually bounced and landed in a mud hole 50 feet below.

I was taking a p break and nearly went on myself as the pack went end over end. Needless to say, I ran down the trail expecting, at least, my iPad would be shattered. It was in the outside pocket where you had your laptop.

Well, everything survived, luckily! I was also happy the pack was water resistant and hosed off nicely. It now houses my P3 with some customization. Going back to the islands soon!
image.jpg
image.jpg
By the way, I use the top phone pocket and it is sweet! Glad you found that one.

GPC should have the sandstone 511 available! I love mine!

Great review BenDronePilot!

I had my P2V+ in the GPC Limited Edition backpack fall (tumble) down a trail in Hawaii. It actually bounced and landed in a mud hole 50 feet below.

I was taking a p break and nearly went on myself as the pack went end over end. Needless to say, I ran down the trail expecting, at least, my iPad would be shattered. It was in the outside pocket where you had your laptop.

Well, everything survived, luckily! I was also happy the pack was water resistant and hosed off nicely. It now houses my P3 with some customization. Going back to the islands soon!View attachment 25384View attachment 25385 By the way, I use the top phone pocket and it is sweet! Glad you found that one.

GPC should have the sandstone 511 available! I love mine!

Hi, Thanks for the feedback, and nice story. I would be freakin if that happened to me too. I'm glad your equipment came out unscathed from the tumble. It's good to know how durable the pack us and it being weather resistant certainly helps as well :) I just need to thin piece of foam over the top of the Phantom to give it a little extra protection for when it will be riding in the overhead bin as I travel.

i have the limited... but don't really understand where to put a laptop... i found a spot on that flappy thing that buckles ... but doesnt seem the most secure... i dunno.

Watch my video you can see where I put my 15 1/2" Lenovo Laptop. right on top of the bag in the pouch, fits snug and perfect but would not really provide much protection if the backpack fell straight backwards on top of it.

On the limited edition, a 15in laptop fits in the front pocket, the open pocket area, and the pocket on the back of the backpack. I have tried it with a 2011 MacBook Pro.

The standard GPC backpack appears to be a replica of the limited, made with inferior materials.

It depends on the size of your laptop. A 13" might fit in the very front pocket. It's not padded though. It might be a hassle, but you could remove the foam insert, put in the laptop and then reinstall the insert. There's lots of flexibility on the top side of the P3 storage area, so the height difference may not be be bothersome. That's a difference between these types of packs and a hardshell case. The P3 doesn't get much in the way of top padding, but in a hardshell case it does. When I travel with the P3, I plan to put the pack in a suitcase where I usually carry other photo gear. The main thing to remember is that the lithium batteries have to be carried on. Hope that helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers