GPC limited edition STORM back pack detailed reviews.

Reaction score
Product Review

Today, I am reviewing and providing in depth details on Go professional cases DJI phantom 3 limited edition storm backpack.

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-phantom-cases/gpc-dji-phantom-3-backpack.html

Disclosure : I am not employed or affiliated with GPC.

I am a frequent international traveller and I normally like to hike and bike to remote places to capture those magic moments.

DJI's Phantom 3 fit this role perfectly, however, I've found that the DJI turtle shell case was limiting in term of storage ability for my use so I recently ordered this case on the recommendation of my good friend Aldryn Estacio.

Technical details:

The GPC Pack is made in the USA, housed in the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack as used by military and weekend warriors.

This backpack is engineered to be a full featured 72 hour bag to provide ample space for all the gear and accessories while remaining rugged and reliable enough for extended excursions or tactical deployments. The fabric material is made from highly resilient, water repellent 1000D nylon construction to keep the internal gear safe and dry in any environment.

The inclusion of MOLLE / TacTec System[emoji769] compatible web platform keeps all your gear within easy reach. When it comes to storage, this backpack delivers; dual zippered front and main compartments, an admin organizer pocket, an internal hydration compartment, an easily accessible shove-it pocket, and a fleece-lined sunglass pocket keep your loadout organized, stable, and secure over rough terrain. I like the fact that it has 10 pockets and 14 sub pockets which allows limitless storage options. I can carry all the equipments I'd ever need in this back pack and carry on with me onto the plane making checking in and out of airports much faster. With the DJI turtle shell, I had to pack a second separate bags for all my other essential accessories on my international travels.

Other great features includes:

Contour yoke system with grab and go handle.
Rugged, self-healing YKK[emoji768] zipper hardware.
Integrated drainage grommet.
Adjustable dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps.
Cinching waist strap and dual compression straps.
Dual-zippered front and main compartments with molded grip pulls
Multiple integrated organization pockets
Admin organization pocket to store maps, pens, and documents
Fleece-lined sunglass pocket
Internal hydration compartment with hangers and toggles
GPC tailored this case to provide full protection and safe storage for the P3 via the addition of their custom multilayered foams with different properties.

GPC custom foams are unique in that they are cut by water jet to obtain high quality and detail. The foams are not die cut and no sharp corners. The blue surface foam is 4 lb Blue MDL for added durability & brand recognition. The Black foams layers are 1.9 lbs Soft Cell PE, it has smaller bubbles therefore not abrasive to product going in, other companies use 2.2 or 1.7 lbs, each of these are more abrasive therefore higher risks of scratching the product. In addition the soft cell is twice the cost over the regular 2.2 & 1.7. At the base of the main cavity, convoluted foam (similar to those found in sound studios) is used to stabilise the gimbal, this helps to reduce movement during transport, therefore take the stress off the gimbal and shock absorbers.

The other design feature of the GPC backpack is that the P3 is designed to sits proud for easy removal and better presentation. With the batteries this allows for thicker walls between cavities and help reduce weight and overall size of the backpack. GPC supplies special cover to protect the motors. Unfortunately, these were missing from my package. I contacted support and within 4 hours they were promptly dispatched to me. Can't ask for better after sales customer service.

Compared to other backpack on the market for the P3, GPC limited edition storm case is very reasonably priced considering all the features on offer. Best of all, GPC packs are Made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

GPC ships international as well and I found shipping to Australia was reasonably priced and fast as well.

For the ultimate in stealth professional look, the GPC pack will be my travel companion from now on.

Specifications

Exterior Length 23 in
Exterior Width 14 in
Exterior Depth 9 in

Interior Capacity 894 cu in

Lynh Phan

c5d9f9140bb47fddab42666a8f0dab33.jpg

b7058d4497299c0ba9b699109027a84e.jpg

1bd9e47de24cae41f9801de058f85782.jpg

75571c41f45709989927fc3612af1695.jpg

96bc3ad04569623f28caa2b8a53b6ac6.jpg

5f5117e51b180e3011c66164cb2aabd0.jpg

4ff672e785317e6639132bc9a8e09146.jpg

64a2578e3cb9e3df1fad4342225f830a.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what did you write to GPC about the motor covers? I just got my storm pack last week. Love it! But would like the motor covers if it's supposed to come with the pack

If you don't mind me asking, what did you write to GPC about the motor covers? I just got my storm pack last week. Love it! But would like the motor covers if it's supposed to come with the pack
Agree, and pictures, please! I have the non-limited addition, but no motor covera, either.

I wrote to give feedback on my experience and was advised the motor covers will be provided.

I will post pics when they arrive.

I emailed them and inquired about the motor covers and that my pack never included them. I'll see what they say. Thanks for the heads up. Those will be very iseful

Is tge drone crates bag a 5.11 bag? Or just similar? The 5.11 bag is waterproof and a proven workhorse by the military and police.

It's water resistant and it's on par with the 5.11 bag in terms of it being a tough bag. It's well built with plenty of space for extra "things". Has room for a water bladder as well.

I'm sure the 5.11 bag is a great bag.. the Drone Crates version is just as good in terms of a roughed backpack option for your P3.

Drone Crates Phantom 3 Backpack Features:

◦Premium Polyethelyne, Closed Cell Foam Insert

◦Water-Jet Cut Foam Insert – No Cheap Die Cutting

◦CAD Designed For Optimal Fitment

Military Grade Construction

◦Six Compartments:

-Main Compartment includes custom cut premium foam insert for your Phantom 3, as well as several mesh zipper pockets for accessory storage (SD Cards, ND Filters, etc).

-Second Compartment contains three map/document pockets, penholders, and two radio/cell phone pockets.

-Third Bottom Lower Exterior Pocket (12.5” x 6” x 3’) with three elastic enclosures, mesh pocket and a zipper mesh pocket.

-Two Side Pockets: (9” x5” x 2.5”) perfect for holding chargers, cables and other misc. accessories

-One Hydration System Pocket: Hold up to two 3L Bladder Systems

◦External Side Compression Straps

◦Heavy-Duty Carry and Drag Handle

◦Thick Comfortable Padded Straps and Lower Back Support Area

◦Rigid Back Panel For Added Back Support

◦Lifetime Guarantee – We Fully Stand Behind All Of Our Products

Either bag option is great for those who don't want to lug around a heavy case.. i just decided to save $60 and get free shipping.

Product Review

Today, I am reviewing and providing in depth details on Go professional cases DJI phantom 3 limited edition storm backpack.

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-phantom-cases/gpc-dji-phantom-3-backpack.html

Disclosure : I am not employed or affiliated with GPC.

I am a frequent international traveller and I normally like to hike and bike to remote places to capture those magic moments.

DJI's Phantom 3 fit this role perfectly, however, I've found that the DJI turtle shell case was limiting in term of storage ability for my use so I recently ordered this case on the recommendation of my good friend Aldryn Estacio.

Technical details:

The GPC Pack is made in the USA, housed in the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack as used by military and weekend warriors.

This backpack is engineered to be a full featured 72 hour bag to provide ample space for all the gear and accessories while remaining rugged and reliable enough for extended excursions or tactical deployments. The fabric material is made from highly resilient, water repellent 1000D nylon construction to keep the internal gear safe and dry in any environment.

The inclusion of MOLLE / TacTec System[emoji769] compatible web platform keeps all your gear within easy reach. When it comes to storage, this backpack delivers; dual zippered front and main compartments, an admin organizer pocket, an internal hydration compartment, an easily accessible shove-it pocket, and a fleece-lined sunglass pocket keep your loadout organized, stable, and secure over rough terrain. I like the fact that it has 10 pockets and 14 sub pockets which allows limitless storage options. I can carry all the equipments I'd ever need in this back pack and carry on with me onto the plane making checking in and out of airports much faster. With the DJI turtle shell, I had to pack a second separate bags for all my other essential accessories on my international travels.

Other great features includes:

Contour yoke system with grab and go handle.
Rugged, self-healing YKK[emoji768] zipper hardware.
Integrated drainage grommet.
Adjustable dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps.
Cinching waist strap and dual compression straps.
Dual-zippered front and main compartments with molded grip pulls
Multiple integrated organization pockets
Admin organization pocket to store maps, pens, and documents
Fleece-lined sunglass pocket
Internal hydration compartment with hangers and toggles
GPC tailored this case to provide full protection and safe storage for the P3 via the addition of their custom multilayered foams with different properties.

GPC custom foams are unique in that they are cut by water jet to obtain high quality and detail. The foams are not die cut and no sharp corners. The blue surface foam is 4 lb Blue MDL for added durability & brand recognition. The Black foams layers are 1.9 lbs Soft Cell PE, it has smaller bubbles therefore not abrasive to product going in, other companies use 2.2 or 1.7 lbs, each of these are more abrasive therefore higher risks of scratching the product. In addition the soft cell is twice the cost over the regular 2.2 & 1.7. At the base of the main cavity, convoluted foam (similar to those found in sound studios) is used to stabilise the gimbal, this helps to reduce movement during transport, therefore take the stress off the gimbal and shock absorbers.

The other design feature of the GPC backpack is that the P3 is designed to sits proud for easy removal and better presentation. With the batteries this allows for thicker walls between cavities and help reduce weight and overall size of the backpack. GPC supplies special cover to protect the motors. Unfortunately, these were missing from my package. I contacted support and within 4 hours they were promptly dispatched to me. Can't ask for better after sales customer service.

Compared to other backpack on the market for the P3, GPC limited edition storm case is very reasonably priced considering all the features on offer. Best of all, GPC packs are Made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

GPC ships international as well and I found shipping to Australia was reasonably priced and fast as well.

For the ultimate in stealth professional look, the GPC pack will be my travel companion from now on.

Specifications

Exterior Length 23 in
Exterior Width 14 in
Exterior Depth 9 in

Interior Capacity 894 cu in

Lynh Phan

c5d9f9140bb47fddab42666a8f0dab33.jpg

b7058d4497299c0ba9b699109027a84e.jpg

1bd9e47de24cae41f9801de058f85782.jpg

75571c41f45709989927fc3612af1695.jpg

96bc3ad04569623f28caa2b8a53b6ac6.jpg

5f5117e51b180e3011c66164cb2aabd0.jpg

4ff672e785317e6639132bc9a8e09146.jpg

64a2578e3cb9e3df1fad4342225f830a.jpg

The Backpack you showed is the same one that I bought at Walmart last week for $44.99. I had been looking for one and when I read the measurements of it (22" x 13.5" x 8.5") I grabbed one. I have a cheap insert and a second one on the way. Its the cheaply made backpack from China that costs $50.00, and it fits great. I wish I could get one of the inserts that are in the Pro model you show, but they won't sell them by themselve. I went back to get another one and there was one left. I have a dark Tan and a Black one. The backpack is heavy duty and has lots of extra storage.
I haven't used it yet because I use the Pro hardcase for now because I get to keep the props on, and I am ready to fly in a short notice. I will use the backpack for longer trips. I did my 30+ short flights to break-in my 3 batteries. I did it down the street at the local baseball field. Makes it a lot easyier if you don't have to install the props, but its alot heaver so when all the protection isn't needed I will switch to the Pack.

Nice write-up and review Tommybear!

Soft case is great for yomping but doesn't give a firm platform for takeoff
I use mine for takeoff. It's much firmer than grass or sand. It keeps the debris away from the motors and camera.

Mine is tan/sandstone, 511 backpacks come in different colors. GPC does a great job with the cutouts. Very comfortable to wear, too.

Reactions: Robin Slater
The Backpack you showed is the same one that I bought at Walmart last week for $44.99. I had been looking for one and when I read the measurements of it (22" x 13.5" x 8.5") I grabbed one. I have a cheap insert and a second one on the way. Its the cheaply made backpack from China that costs $50.00, and it fits great. I wish I could get one of the inserts that are in the Pro model you show, but they won't sell them by themselve. I went back to get another one and there was one left. I have a dark Tan and a Black one. The backpack is heavy duty and has lots of extra storage.
I haven't used it yet because I use the Pro hardcase for now because I get to keep the props on, and I am ready to fly in a short notice. I will use the backpack for longer trips. I did my 30+ short flights to break-in my 3 batteries. I did it down the street at the local baseball field. Makes it a lot easyier if you don't have to install the props, but its alot heaver so when all the protection isn't needed I will switch to the Pack.
Sorry man but you did not get a 5.11 bag at walmart. Just the bag without a GPC insert for your phantom is 179.00 from 5.11s website. Just cause your kia has a grill that looks like a mercedes does not mean they are the same.

Soft case is great for yomping but doesn't give a firm platform for takeoff

Actually you can launch the drone by opening the bag and using the front foam section as a launch pad, where the props and charger are located position the drone's bottom pads so contact is on the blue foam.. Perfectly secure and launched it loads of times to keep drone off dusty / sandy grounds.

It's currently one of the most robust Phantom bags out no doubt, but it's too deep IMO, DJI need to produce a phantom with a quick release legs + gimbal so bags are less deep.

Actually you can launch the drone by opening the bag and using the front foam section as a launch pad, where the props and charger are located position the drone's bottom pads so contact is on the blue foam.. Perfectly secure and launched it loads of times to keep drone off dusty / sandy grounds.

It's currently one of the most robust Phantom bags out no doubt, but it's too deep IMO, DJI need to produce a phantom with a quick release legs + gimbal so bags are less deep.
MAD like the Skyranger with the down facing props...great idea mate send them the plan I would buy one

Reactions: Man And Drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20