I can only suggest you to use good HDMI cable as any leaks through it would cause interference with the receiving signals. Also use a 90 deg HDMI to HDMI adapter on RC to route the cable down away from the antenna. Also tie cdmi cable on to Rc support to reduce stresses on HDMI port.

Not sure if this is related, but after reading your post and having a signal loss where I normally wouldn't, I just took my drone for another flight using my Fatshark setup in the same area. However before I took off and whilst waiting for the drone to warm up I checked my transmission and channel signal settings and lo and behold it was in auto and right in the middle of a couple of noisy channels. I manually set a new channel adjusted the transmission bit rate to 4mbps, flew and had no problems. I had adjusted this setting once before and figured it would be permanent, obviously I've done something to change it and not realised it.

That's right, adjusting channel helps going away from noise.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Always great information and help here!

I don’t have any experience with manually setting the signal channels but I’ll have to read up and learn about that, thanks tevek.

I did some shopping for a new cable. (Don’t tell my wife I bought the expensive choice!) I needed an HDMI cable with the type c mini for the DJI HD module end and a type D micro for the Avegant Glyph end.

I looked and looked for a cable with a 90 degree on the mini end but had no luck, there were plenty with the 90 degree on the micro end, and plenty of 90 degree adapters but I really wanted to go with a single cable to eliminate any adapter. I think my adapter was the biggest source of signal interference.

The cable I was originally using came with the Avengant Glyph and had a standard HDMI plug on one end and a micro on the other. The cable itself was kind of on the thin side. The adapter I was using was thick but the female socket for the standard HDMI plug wasn't deep enough to take the entire plug inside it's housing so some of the plug’s metal was exposed. Perhaps that is where most of the leak was?

I ended up going with a company called Lindy USA. It was pricey but compared to the price of replacing a Phantom it was cheap insurance.

High-Speed-HDMI® cable with Ethernet, Type C (Mini) / Type D (Micro), 1.5m

Thanks alokbhargava again for your suggestions. I will make sure to route the new cable away from the antennas.

Now if the spring and warm weather would only come quicker to Massachusetts!!
I've just been into town to get an adapter as per alokbhargava's suggestion and of course nothing like that in the town where I live. The guy said I would be wasting my time by adding yet another connection and risk reducing the signal feed to the goggles. He was also selling a fridge to another customer, so I ignored him. I am going up to the big smoke later this week and will grab a better quality hdmi cable as per your suggestion and see if I can find the elusive adaptor or maybe a single cable with the 90 degree bend. Good luck with your set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav