Dedicated PolarPro Drone Trekker V2.0 backpack thread.

Reaction score
Hello fellow members!

My Dedicated PolarPro Drone Trekker backpack thread for the first iteration of the Drone Trekker, with over 6,500 views, revealed the way members on here travel with their drone.

It turns out most simply travel by car!
Personally, in that scenario, I use the DJI case my P4 came in and I love it.
I have found no reason to look for/ use something else.

IMG_4338.JPG

However any other time, e.g: when traveling by plane or on foot, I found the Drone Trekker quality, airline carry-on compliant size, modular design and ergonomics to be excellent.

Here is what I need/ want with me at all times when on the go:

IMG_4058.jpg

PolarPro listened to the feedback and started including motor caps with the Drone Trekker.
But they also listened to everything else owners mentioned.

Today they announced a new version (V2.0) of the Drone Trekker with several improvements.
Here is the link to the new Drone Trekker product page.
And I received mine today!

Here is a teaser shot. I'll post up a fresh review and comparison with the previous design soon.

IMG_4495.JPG

Note:
All pictures are mine.
DO NOT reuse without asking for permission (the correct thing to do) and/ or without credit (at a minimum).

Also please keep in mind, this is NOT a comparison thread.
This thread is dedicated to the Drone Trekker in particular.
I respectfully request that posts stay on topic.

Owners: show yours off!
Please post a picture of yours out in the wild (in use) and/ or how you arranged everything inside.

(If you are curious about the landing gear, check my Dedicated PolarPro Landing Gear thread)

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: PolarPro
Pictures first! ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

It would be a pity to review the Drone Trekker V2.0 without context, i.e: without comparing it to its predecessor.

So this post # 2 will be focusing on the differences and improvements.

The gist of it is that the backpack is now more discreet (all black), still light and airline carry-on compliant and roomier to accommodate extra height for the drone and can fit a 15" laptop.

Read on for details.

1) PolarPro now includes more dividers!

Previously, you'd get a pouch, a strap, 4 small and two large dividers.
Now 7 small dividers are included. This affords more possible configurations.
The Drone Trekker is designed to offer a modular design which means it's one big space and you divide it up to feet your needs and what you are carrying.

Many people will love having more dividers to separate things neatly and protect things you would rather have touch/ sustain friction during transport.

Also included are motor caps for the drone and a small print-out with instructions for the TSA-approved lock.

8.jpg

11.jpg

2) The rigid dividers won't prop up the drone anymore because they are now less tall.

Though I arranged mine in such a way that I didn't have that issue (I also only used one of the two rigid dividers), I noticed people kept wanting to put on motor caps on and some were having problems closing the zippers.

I looked and figured it's because for those, the dividers were too tall. I suggested to PolarPro they reduce their height and I believe this will solve that problem for most.

9.jpg

3) The interior sleeves now have zippers

This will prevent documents, the propellers, the monitor sun shade etc. from sliding out.

6.jpg

Last edited:
4) Many use a 14" and 15" laptop and now it will fit.

The trick was to not use the laptop sleeve and store the bigger laptop outside of it in the front compartment.
I had to dig up an old 14" laptop to take this picture.

Also the previous design had slots for business cards, a cell phone/ iPod or small power bank.
Those have been replaced by one sleeve to accommodate a tablet.

laptop.jpg

pocket before.jpg

pocket after.jpg

5) Closing the backpack

To me it felt that the main compartment/ flaps combo is now designed is a way to offer more clearance for the drone.

height after.jpg

Previous design:

height before.jpg

New design:

IMG_4811 copy.jpg

height after zipped.jpg

height after closed.jpg

5) Other small differences:

The headphones wires pass through was removed.

The elastic straps with built-in tighteners were removed from the bottom of the backpack.

The straps on the "shoulders" of the backpack (atop) were removed. Those came in handy to strap on a jacket/ clothing. Sad to see those go and that's my only negative on the new design.
The new design offers however nooks to clip something on both sides. But you'll need to use your own straps or hooks.

The light reflective side surfaces were removed. Those were useful to people who are exposed on the road at night.

There are now two exterior side pockets instead of one. Love this.

Thankfully, though they are less tall, PolarPro also kept the two side nets to carry a can/ a bottle or anything else small in size to be stuffed in them.

Wish List, PolarPro please take into account:
I will update this section to include all of your suggestions.

a) GoPro mount on the shoulder straps.
b) Bring back the top corner straps

Last edited:
Hello fellow members!

My Dedicated PolarPro Drone Trekker backpack thread for the first iteration of the Drone Trekker, with close to 6,500 views, revealed the way members on here travel with their drone.

View attachment 63116

However any other time, e.g: when traveling by plane or on foot, I found the Drone Trekker quality, airline carry-on compliant size, modular design and ergonomics to be excellent.

View attachment 63117

PolarPro listened to the feedback and started including motor caps with the Drone Trekker.

Today they announced a new version (V2.0) of the Drone Trekker with several improvements.

Here is a teaser shot. I'll post up a fresh review and comparison with the previous design soon.

View attachment 63115

Note:
All pictures are mine.
DO NOT reuse without asking for permission (the correct thing to do) and/ or without credit (at a minimum).

Please post a picture of yours out in the wild (in use) and/ or how you arranged everything inside.

(If you are curious about the landing gear, check my Dedicated PolarPro Landing Gear thread)

Thank you for reading.

Looking forward to your review and some pics. I've got V1.0 but if V2.0 is better then I'll go out and buy it!

Bit disappointing although version 1 is awesome, I only just got my version 1 a few weeks ago, would have been nice to know a new one was coming. I'll guess I'll wait to see if improvements are game changers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Updated post #2 and 3 with pictures and observations!

Please let me know what you guys think.

Happy to answer any question(s) too.

Thank you for reading.

IMG_4806 copy.jpg

Thanks for all the details, it's nice improvements but nothing that I have personally had issues with, happy I still have version 1. no need to upgrade.

I like the new ones better. I'm still deciding between the drone trekker and the lowepro drone guard. I do like the all black and grey of the new one better than the blue stripe on the v1. Also the zippers and extra dividers are great. Makes it a really tough choice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for all the details, it's nice improvements but nothing that I have personally had issues with, happy I still have version 1. no need to upgrade.

Well said.
I really didn't have any issues either.

This upgrade should satisfy all the people who were complaining though.

As for the new owners, people who never even owned theV1, this should be a great pick for them.

I don't think PolarPro is selling the V1.0 still. Perhaps it can still be purchased from resellers while stock lasts and/ or from V1.0 owners on here who wish to upgrade.

I needed to see this thread last month. Bought a DJI backpack, and for the most part (no room for tablet) it works good enough. I would have paid the extra $30 for the extra room [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Good to see there is a new backpack that fits the P4 now. Disappointed with the old models stated support for the P4, when it clearly doesn't fit :(. I had emailed their support <1 month ago, and they confirmed new bag coming but said "next few months"... I suppose they technically did, but within 30 days is not really the same sort of timeline!

Good to see there is a new backpack that fits the P4 now. Disappointed with the old models stated support for the P4, when it clearly doesn't fit :(. I had emailed their support <1 month ago, and they confirmed new bag coming but said "next few months"... I suppose they technically did, but within 30 days is not really the same sort of timeline!

Hi @Kaitlyn

Have you seen what I can fit in version 1?
See the picture posted in post #1 above. I can fit the P4 with no issues and much more.

The height of the central compartment is good for the P4.

If you still have it, I suggest you arrange your contents so the P4 is not resting on the large dividers, which props it up and prevent it from reaching the bottom of the central compartment.
To test this, try and position the P4 without anything else at all and close the flaps/ zip everything up. You'll see there is no issue.

Hi @Kaitlyn

Have you seen what I can fit in version 1?
See the picture posted in post #1 above. I can fit the P4 with no issues and much more.

The height of the central compartment is good for the P4.

If you still have it, I suggest you arrange your contents so the P4 is not resting on the large dividers, which props it up and prevent it from reaching the bottom of the central compartment.
To test this, try and position the P4 without anything else at all and close the flaps/ zip everything up. You'll see there is no issue.

Yeah but then you're forced to make certain adjustments/have it less secure, etc. It was obviously made before the P4 - but then it shouldn't be stating it's made for the P4 too when clearly they had to make adjustments like the height + divider height to accommodate.

I didn't find that to be the case at all.

It is amazing I can fit all that and you are having issues fitting your P4 alone in your bag.

Could you please post a picture of your P4 in your Drone Trekker?

Something is getting lost in this communication.

Your Drone Trekker can accommodate a P4 with no issues.

Hello fellow members!

My Dedicated PolarPro Drone Trekker backpack thread for the first iteration of the Drone Trekker, with over 6,500 views, revealed the way members on here travel with their drone.

View attachment 63116

View attachment 63117

View attachment 63115

Note:
All pictures are mine.

Thank you for reading.
@28wins thanks for the review, I saw another post that V1 will fit the overhead bin of a small ERJ commuter plane. Is V2 a bigger bag? I was trying to find the official dimensions of V1 but could not find it.

@PolarPro do you have the official dimensions of V1? need to compare to V2 since smaller commuter jets have really finite space. the V1 fit about perfect in the small ERJ planes.

@28wins thanks for the review, I saw another post that V1 will fit the overhead bin of a small ERJ commuter plane. Is V2 a bigger bag? I was trying to find the official dimensions of V1 but could not find it.

@PolarPro do you have the official dimensions of V1? need to compare to V2 since smaller commuter jets have really finite space. the V1 fit about perfect in the small ERJ planes.

V1 and V2 have the same external dimensions and will both with in all ERJ planes. The backpacks actually fit as a personal item on most airlines underneath the seat in front of you.
-Jeff

V1 and V2 have the same external dimensions and will both with in all ERJ planes. The backpacks actually fit as a personal item on most airlines underneath the seat in front of you.
-Jeff
@PolarPro Thank you Jeff. I got the bag in today. Add my laptop for work and a ipad we are all set :)

Resurrecting an old thread here - can anyone tell me if the P4P polystyrene box that it comes in would fit inside this case? I realise that's overkill for most scenarios, but it could be useful for air travel. That bit of extra protection could be just what's needed if you are even slightly worried that the drone might get checked into the hold. cheers, R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav