How do you travel with your drone?

• Total voters
I have the DBS mod and it fits fine - I just took out the zippered compartment that is in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the DBS mod and it fits fine - I just took out the zippered compartment that is in the bag.

NOT saying the DBS doesn't fit. That actually fits the best. It's the bird and all my other crap. Nice bag... don't get me wrong. It's pretty small tho imo

Yes - it is one of the smaller options. It really comes down to what you want and need. For me, small size was a feature.

Thanks for posting. I just got back from a hiking trip in Colorado and this thing was amazing. Super comfortable, held all my stuff for drone and personal, great on the airplane and through security. For the price I do not think you can beat this pack. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to change the default passcode for the lock. LOL.

Thanks for posting. I just got back from a hiking trip in Colorado and this thing was amazing. Super comfortable, held all my stuff for drone and personal, great on the airplane and through security. For the price I do not think you can beat this pack. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to change the default passcode for the lock. LOL.
There's a little black rubber thing you push in with a paperclip. As it's pushed in you change the code then let go I think...

Awesome, I really like that others are also in agreement about this bag.

PolarPro sent me this so I thought I would share. Here is how to change the combination of the lock:

DT Lock.png

Reactions: OmegaStageThr33
I don't see individual battery compartments as the FAA guidelines specify. If you throw them into an undivided compartment you'll need individual battery bags. The think tank helipak provides individual battery compartments for three or four batteries. Plus space for many other items. It's a little bigger than the POLAR PRO, dual handle, rain skirt and a padded waist belt. $200

Reactions: Buzz rabbit
Not bad, but it costs 5x more than the amazon basics DSLR backpack, which is totally sufficient to carry everything you need for a day of phantom flying.

Hello Donald,
Could you please provide a link to the one you mean.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app (living near Cologne, Germany)

This is the backpack: Amazon.com : AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack - Orange interior : Laptop Computer Backpacks : Camera & Photo

This is how to pack it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

works like a charm. I'm using it and I'm happy with it

Reactions: Thomas.
I don't see individual battery compartments as the FAA guidelines specify. If you throw them into an undivided compartment you'll need individual battery bags. The think tank helipak provides individual battery compartments for three or four batteries. Plus space for many other items. It's a little bigger than the POLAR PRO, dual handle, rain skirt and a padded waist belt. $200

You posted exactly the same blurp on the other thread reviewing this backpack.

I don't see you posting it on the LowePro or the mediocre other bags threads though.

I wonder why.

Please stay off this thread.

Not bad, but it costs 5x more than the amazon basics DSLR backpack, which is totally sufficient to carry everything you need for a day of phantom flying.

Not the same product at all. The bag you mentioned is missing several important features and is designed like $40 bag indeed.

This thread is to show how the Drone Trekker is appropriate for traveling for people with needs similar to mine.

The size, design, fit/ finish, quality of the materials are NOT the same.

Please stay off this thread also.

You are welcome to create your own thread about backpacks suitable "for a day of flying" and to explain why you like yours. If you had such a thread, I wouldn't go on there to post, look guys why don't get this one instead? It's rather rude and it would ignore forums etiquette.

You are not welcome to do it on my thread because you are adding noise and irrelevant information.

Last edited:
I'm traveling get to Cancun Mexico tomorrow and here is my travel bag. Got my p4 4 batteries windsurfers go pro plus a lot of gopro accessories. Got my dslr and laptop. Here is a pic .

Attachments

• 1466527280681.jpg
    1466527280681.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 1466527331955.jpg
    1466527331955.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 390
@28wins:
Thank you very much for this very interesting thread. I'm curious to learn how much the whole package weights.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app (living near Cologne, Germany)

Hi Thomas -

That's a very good question. Thank you. I will update my original post with this information.

The Drone Trekker weight 4.9 lb when empty, that's about 2.2 kg.

I didn't think of weighing my bag when it was packed as shown in my video.
But I will. I will update as soon as possible.

I'm traveling get to Cancun Mexico tomorrow and here is my travel bag. Got my p4 4 batteries windsurfers go pro plus a lot of gopro accessories. Got my dslr and laptop. Here is a pic .

Travel ready! Thank you for sharing.

Could you please click Edit on your post and see if you can Click post Full Image instead of Thumbnail so we can see the full image right in your post?

I am curious :) could you please tell us what you have in the various zipped-up bags?

And I am not familiar, what are windsurfers?

Here is the PDF instructions if you or anyone else need them:

Thanks for purchasing our bag!!
-Jeff

Attachments

• Backpack Instructions 3x5in..pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
Reactions: BarryP

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members