Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom 4 battery (DJI Factory original) that won't power on nor charge after several months of storage. The battery has been used less than 10 times. It is out of warranty (about a year old) and DJI says that the cost to repair is the same as a new battery.

When I plug into the charger I get no lights. Tried holding in the power button while plugged in, etc. No revival.

Any suggestions to try to recover? willing to try something extreme since the battery is of no use anymore.

Thanks,

Rob

Did you check the battery at all during those months of storage? If not, cells are probably toast.

If one or more cells has dropped below LVC but not far enough to cause physical damage you can potentially recover- disassemble the pack and disconnect the balance lead connection on the smart board, leave for 60 mins, reconnect and see if it will take a charge.

It would seem this is a trap I also went away for three months and did a part discharge as suggested in the manual and now I have three plastic bricks.
Good business for DJI as they are not interested if the battery is out of warranty even though there are many reports of this problem. Clearly the battery continues to discharge due to their software, The assist software even reports that the battery is in an auto discharge mode but there is now way to recover it. I have other Lithium Polymer appliances ranging from drills to blue tooth Amplifiers all of which still worked on my return. I would think this is a nice little money earner for them. Hope there is an after market battery available soon.

Attachments

• Current Status Self Discharging (Copy).JPG
    Current Status Self Discharging (Copy).JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Battery Cell is Broken  (Copy).JPG
    Battery Cell is Broken (Copy).JPG
    187 KB · Views: 383
  • Battery is OK (Copy).JPG
    Battery is OK (Copy).JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: NitroMan

Recent Posts