DBS Mod and Sunhans Boosters

I just did the hack and I'm using the Sunhans but heavy winds has kept me from flying . I want to try channel 32, people are saying they are getting good distance on it just don't yet know if the Sunhans can use that channel yet. In house test have no problems.

Can you please post a few pictures of your Sunhan boosters. Also part number and location to purchase. Thanks G

Can you please post a few pictures of your Sunhan boosters. Also part number and location to purchase. Thanks G

I purchased mine from FPVLR.com as a full kit. www.fpvlr.com
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446673354.939206.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446673375.614122.jpg

I installed the voltage monitor myself. You can get one from Walmart that plugs into cigarette lighter. Just cut that off then sacrifice and old charger with the correct adapter end that will plug into the charging port for the battery that runs the boosters.

here is the latest range of enhanced kits from Horizon FPV ( UK ) when using DBS or ELRS antennas. these are also available in the USA via Midwest Horizon.
Dual Gold ELRS ENhanced-3 .fw.png

Enhanced with ItElite.png

P2 advanced mount with gold x 2.fw.png

Should it be 1X 5.8ghz and 1X2.4ghz booster ??? Can you use 2X 2.4ghz boosters ?? I'm confused. Some one pleas explain it for me.

I am having the same results, but am doing the bird side mod to see if that helps. I wish I could get the 32 channel hack to work. :mad:
Are you using boosters??

Maybe it's a prob with the connectors/wiring? Get it all checked/try a set of different cables. And remember you will have to be pointing the antenna at the bird. DBS should def give you gain.

Maybe it's a prob with the connectors/wiring? Get it all checked/try a set of different cables. And remember you will have to be pointing the antenna at the bird. DBS should def give you gain.
I am only getting 4000 ft of range. And that was with stock. I have add the DBS mod, and tested it in two different locations and I lose signal at 4000 ft. I'm at 300ft high. It is like there is a 4000ft limit built in my bird. ??

I like my 3D printed Windsurfer twin reflectors, only $25. They utilize the same principle of of DBS and FPVLR, using a directional antenna for greater distance, but you have to point the antennas at the bird during flight. Windsurfer gets me out over 2 miles, which is almost the limit battery-wise (with no battery mods). Even at 2mi I don't have much time to take many photos or video once I get there, so anything with a longer distance capability isn't of much use without the battery mod, which I'm interested in (too many batteries to charge). I had the FPVLR antenna kit and Sunhans amps on another drone. Yes, this combination does work, but now you have to charge yet another battery all the time to power the two amps, which is a problem if you forget to charge. The worse part is the RC won't fit in most cases unless you remove the antenna assembly. The DBS mod unit is the most convenient for removal, give the nice clip mechanism they include. DBS also seems less fragile vs. FPLVR, and ergonomically easier to store away. However, if you ever turn on the RC accidentally before attaching the antenna wires back to the RC, you can blow your RF circuitry in the RC. So don't forget it!

I bought the twin pair of Windsurfer reflectors. Having two of them separated (versus the once piece version) make it easier to store them when I don't use them, which is about half the time. However, if I take off on a flight with them not installed, then I start getting a weak signal, it takes me about 20 seconds to grab them and slip them over the antennas, hassle free. Besides being easy to store in most any case or backpack, I don't have to worry about charging a battery for an amp. I also don't have the risk of accidentally turning on my RC without the antenna wires connected. There are a lot of virtues of the Windsurfer setup, but the DB Mod and FPLVR setups with amps will certainly go farther. I just find all that H/W a pain to deal with, too cumbersome IMO. With Windsurfer I can opt to have an omni-directional control of the bird sitting down in my lawn chair without having to move around to point the RC with nearby flights, less than 1000'. With DBS or FPVLR you're forced to ALWAYS point the RC toward the bird, you can't go back to omni-directional, as possible with Windsurfer. Convenient, flexible, safer (from blowing RF circuitry), and reasonably effective, not to mention inexpensive.

Last edited:
@N017RW says, "The P3s LB system employs ODFM and MIMO technology. Google it."

SD
I doubt that. ODRM and MIMO requires multiple antennas for each link to increase connection reliability, according to this paper. It states:

The technology requires multiple antennas at both ends of the wireless link and realizes capacity gains (denoted as spatial multiplexing gain) by sending independent data streams from different antennas.

The DJI controller has only two antennas, one dedicated to the control of the craft and the other one to the video downlink of the craft, and both antennas are using different frequencies of the 2.4Ghz band. You can confirm that by slipping a metal can over each antenna, separately, and see what happens. Covering one will remove the video link, covering the other will initiate RTH.

This doesn't add up to ODRM and MIMO being utilized in P3P.

Last edited:
I doubt that. ODRM and MIMO requires multiple antennas for each link to increase connection reliability, according to this paper. It states:

The technology requires multiple antennas at both ends of the wireless link and realizes capacity gains (denoted as spatial multiplexing gain) by sending independent data streams from different antennas.

The DJI controller has only two antennas, one dedicated to the control of the craft and the other one to the video downlink of the craft, and both antennas are using different frequencies of the 2.4Ghz band. You can confirm that by slipping a metal can over each antenna, separately, and see what happens. Covering one will remove the video link, covering the other will initiate RTH.

This doesn't add up to ODRM and MIMO being utilized in P3P.

DJIP3-035 OFDM Receiver Module

This combined with the 4 antennas on the quad satifsy the MIMO description.

While it is detailed in the FCC report that only one [controller] antenna transmits, it is not clear that it does not share Rx duty as well.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
DJIP3-035 OFDM Receiver Module

This combined with the 4 antennas on the quad satifsy the MIMO description.

While it is detailed in the FCC report that only one [controller] antenna transmits, it is not clear that it does not share Rx duty as well.
I'm unsure how that could work if the RC doesn't have 4 antennas also. According to the paper referenced:

The technology requires multiple antennas at both ends of the wireless link and realizes capacity gains

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic