DBS Mod and Sunhans Boosters

Reaction score
Howdy,
Was just tossing around the idea of the DBS Mod and Sunhans boosters. Has anyone tried this or is this something that shouldn't be done. I'm new to all this and trying to learn what I can. I Just got in the DBS modded remote and it looks amazing. Just trying to see if I can expand on it at all???

If you want to expand on it, you need a battery mod first, your going to run out of battery wayyyyy before range with a dbs(never mind a boosted dbs)

Reactions: D4T_PoM
If I could figure out some way to make my DBS mod work better I would. I can easily go 2 round trips with one battery as far as my DBS mod will take me with line of site and no obsticles. I have sent multiple emails asking if I have something wrong with it and no responce. So with no responce I am guessing it is what it is.

I have the DBS and have boosters on the way looking forward to see the performance.

Wibble, roughly 9,600' at 400 elev. I have slowly moved the RC around in different directions to make sure I am not pointing the antenna incorrectly and doesn't change it much. I have flown 11,000' however had to go way beyond the 400' altitude.

If you want to expand on it, you need a battery mod first, your going to run out of battery wayyyyy before range with a dbs(never mind a boosted dbs)
You don't need the battery mod if you are boosting due to crowded environment. I live where there are a lot of trees, big tall trees so I boosted in order for smoother flights (no video drops). However, now that I've modded the signal I really want to do the battery mod. It is truly addictive.

Wibble, roughly 9,600' at 400 elev. I have slowly moved the RC around in different directions to make sure I am not pointing the antenna incorrectly and doesn't change it much. I have flown 11,000' however had to go way beyond the 400' altitude.

That is what I can get standard.
Have you tried the more channel hack?

I just did the hack and I'm using the Sunhans but heavy winds has kept me from flying . I want to try channel 32, people are saying they are getting good distance on it just don't yet know if the Sunhans can use that channel yet. In house test have no problems.

I have never needed it but basically some upgrades have reduced the number of channels available. There is a hack to put the channels back. You can choose a different channel in noisy areas to give a cleaner signal. Do a search on here for it.

Where did you get your mounting hardware, I like it better than the 3D plastic printed one I have.

Sorry I was not very clear. The metal antenna mount, did you mod that or buy it somewhere?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20