DaVinci

Are you sure your PC is up to speed to be able to handle this program?

Reactions: Dan AISCF
Awesome software considering it has a fully featured FREE version but a bit of a learning curve.

Last edited:
I personally found that my computer was not new and fast enough to run DaVinci Resolve. I now use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 and After Effects, and funny enough they work flawlessly on my computer. If you have the money then I would suggest Adobe.

Reactions: Falcon900 and MTO
I think that Premiere or Final Cut Pro X are good choices as well. All the top NLE’s have color correction capabilities. After Effects is more of a special effects package and isn’t particularly good as as a video editor. Resolve evolved from a high end color correction software package, and has the most in depth color correction package as a result.

For drone footage color correction which is generally not very demanding it is probably overkill.

I think that Premiere or Final Cut Pro X are good choices as well. All the top NLE’s have color correction capabilities. After Effects is more of a special effects package and isn’t particularly good as as a video editor. Resolve evolved from a high end color correction software package, and has the most in depth color correction package as a result.

For drone footage color correction which is generally not very demanding it is probably overkill.
I agree, but when I am working with 10 bit color footage, it is a joy to color correct in DaVinci resolve, and a pain to color correct in Premiere Pro. But I do a ton of motion graphics in After Effects, so that's what I'm stuck with for now. I enjoy color grading and working with color since I started getting into video by doing photography. I love studying the science around complementary colors, and for all of the videos I make including the drone videos I usually have very complicated color grades. Being a good colorist can make your footage stand out from the crowd of footage that all looks the same.

Reactions: MTO
So, my old PC just can't cut it with 4K h265 files. What do you guys recommend for a processor and video card? I'd like to have something fast enough to use Davinci. Obviously, the more Ram and SSD cards the better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik