Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Davinci Resolve and Applying a LUT

Discussion in 'Editing (Photo and Video)' started by Bigfootbuilt, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Bigfootbuilt

Hi, I am trying to do what was supposed to be a very simple task - applying just one LUT node to one long clip. Whenever I load my clip and I am in the color mode, I right click on the node, and apply the LUT, but when I render the final product, it is obvious the LUT isn't applied to the final cut. I know I am skipping an easy but important step and I guess I just don't know what the hell it is. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

2. Phil Tuggle

I see you haven't received an answer here yet, but following this thread myself. I have tried to replicate the steps above using a free Falcon "709" LUT, and it seems to work fine when outputting to either mp4 or mov at 1080p anyway.

Maybe it has to be a certain type of LUT and/or a certain type of container and codec (about which I know little - mostly Greek or Chinese to me) for your particular LUT to work.

Can you try another LUT, or switch to a different output file type and see if the same thing happens?

Let us know what you discover.