Dashware .CSV error

Reaction score
I'm trying to use Dashware. I exported the .CSV file from DJI GO using iTunes and saved the file to my computer, but when I try to add the data file I get an error regardless of what data profile I try (including Flytrex and Vision+). I'm new to Dashware and have searched but cannot locate info about whether the .CSV file from the DJI GO app is usable or not. Thanks in advance for any help here or tips with Dashware.

I just went through figuring out how to use Dashware. When you say you exported the csv file from iTunes, what exactly do you mean? There is no csv file you retrieve from iTunes, it's a text file you have to convert before it's useful.

You have to decrypt them first using this tool:
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

After I did that part I just created a new data profile rather than trying to make one of the pre-configured ones work. It was a lot of trial and error but I eventually figured it out.

The last thing you'll have to do is play around with syncing the telemetry data to the video. Also, all the data in the flight records is in meters, if you want other units you'll need to create new columns and convert it yourself, for example meters per second to miles per hour.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. What I mean is that I used the GO app and the "Export CSV" button from the flight list area, and then used iTunes to retrieve it from my phone. It saved as a CSV file but then it wouldn't work in Dashware.

How do you get the text file you referred to that you then convert to CSV?

Ok, I guess my mistake was thinking the CSV file from the GO app could be used in Dashware. I was able to locate the txt file and convert it at HealthyDrones and now I can get to the next step in Dashware. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction Stew, might have been all I needed. Much appreciated!

I'll throw one more thing out there that may save someone from scratching their head... When you go to actually create your video file in Dashware, leave the .mp4 extension on your file name. I was naming my files but leaving off the .mp4 since most programs are smart enough to put their preferred file extension back on if not there, but Dashware would simply crash.

Also, the link in post #2 regarding the flight record converter (thank you ferraript for creating that!), that tool works great. I much prefer offline tools like this vs having to register at yet one more website, and if HealthyDrones makes their online tool paid at some point, well I'm already good with the tool mentioned above!

Last thing - In one evening I went from thinking to myself "How are these guys creating these videos with telemetry?" to "Ah, sounds like a lot of guys are using Dashware... I wonder what Dashware is?" to having it figured out and creating videos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl