DANGERS? Flying in populated/ WiFi saturated areas

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im new to these forums, and also new to RC flying.

I am a current film student and bought a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D for my GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition.

While I know not to fly with my GoPro WiFi on, I was wondering how much of a threat other people using their GoPros around either my Phantom or me while I am transmitting can pose?

I am just wanting to know before I do tests around crowds say for instance a concert or around the city?

Thanks

The answer is two-fold.

There is little, if any, chance your Phantom will be affected by other GoPro's because they won't be close enough to your bird.

Because, and here's the second fold, you shouldn't be flying anywhere close to crowds or people. Certainly not close enough to be within range of their GoPro WiFi.

frequencyrec said:
Hey guys,

Im new to these forums, and also new to RC flying.

I am a current film student and bought a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D for my GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition.

While I know not to fly with my GoPro WiFi on, I was wondering how much of a threat other people using their GoPros around either my Phantom or me while I am transmitting can pose?

I am just wanting to know before I do tests around crowds say for instance a concert or around the city?

Thanks

Especially if you are new to flying - I wouldn't go anywhere near a crowd - this thing can really hurt people.

secondly - you may actually be breaking the law if you fly near people - you need to check local/state ordinances (especially the concert thing... for example - college and NFL games are essentially no-fly zones during events.

I have actually wondered myself if standard wifi could mess up the bird - I fly a lot around my neighborhood and I know a lot of people have wifi (2.6 and 5ghz) - I haven't experienced any issues, but I would imagine that wifi would be a bigger issue than others' gopro's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.