Newbie looking for help and advice

Reaction score
Hello,

So I recently bought a 2nd hand phantom 2 and I've been flying with it quite a bit and enjoy it thoroughly.

I've looked around a bit, and it seems there are some sort of modules, for controlling the drone, such as the naza-m, and I was wondering what I have and what that does for the capabilities of the drone.

Also I bought it with a 3rd party gimbal, a 2nd incomplete H3-2D gimbal(see picture), a slightly damaged gopro hero 3 black and an iOSD minj and lots of extra's. The issue is that I don't know if/how I can get live footage with the 3rd party gimbal, because the mini-usb port of the gopro is shaky.

I am considering to buy a gtc for the zenmuse, but I don't know how to install that and if that is all I need to get the zenmuse working. I also have to option to buy a fully functioning H3-3D for €100. Is that worth it over the €50 gtc or not?

I delid the drone, but I don't understand what I am actually looking at/for. Also I'm a student so I don't have much cash to spare.

I hope I have made myself clear and I'm looking forward to your answers!

Greetings,
Steven IMG_20170918_162903.jpg IMG_20170918_162846.jpg IMG_20170918_162834.jpg IMG_20170918_162815.jpg IMG_20170918_162808.jpg IMG_20170918_162753.jpg IMG_20170918_162744.jpg IMG_20170918_162734.jpg IMG_20170918_155807.jpg IMG_20170918_155800.jpg

Hello,

So I recently bought a 2nd hand phantom 2 and I've been flying with it quite a bit and enjoy it thoroughly.

I've looked around a bit, and it seems there are some sort of modules, for controlling the drone, such as the naza-m, and I was wondering what I have and what that does for the capabilities of the drone.

Also I bought it with a 3rd party gimbal, a 2nd incomplete H3-2D gimbal(see picture), a slightly damaged gopro hero 3 black and an iOSD minj and lots of extra's. The issue is that I don't know if/how I can get live footage with the 3rd party gimbal, because the mini-usb port of the gopro is shaky.

I am considering to buy a gtc for the zenmuse, but I don't know how to install that and if that is all I need to get the zenmuse working. I also have to option to buy a fully functioning H3-3D for €100. Is that worth it over the €50 gtc or not?

I delid the drone, but I don't understand what I am actually looking at/for. Also I'm a student so I don't have much cash to spare.

I hope I have made myself clear and I'm looking forward to your answers!

Greetings,
StevenView attachment 88487 View attachment 88488 View attachment 88489 View attachment 88490 View attachment 88491 View attachment 88492 View attachment 88493 View attachment 88494 View attachment 88495 View attachment 88496

The control module on the motherboard marked Phantom is all you need and there's no need to change it or to upgrade it.

All you need to get the gimbal to work is to plug the 8 pin gray cable into it and power from the battery will power both camera and gimbal. There is absolutely nothing you need to operate the gimbal such as the gtc whatever that acronym stands for.

If you have the chance to buy the H3-3D gimbal get it as it is a better gimbal but it comes with a USB connector for the GoPro camera.to transmit video to the FPV system. On the H3-2D the 30 pin connector supplies power and video to and from the GoPro camera.

Do not power up the P2 without an antenna attached to the video transmitter.

The control module on the motherboard marked Phantom is all you need and there's no need to change it or to upgrade it.

All you need to get the gimbal to work is to plug the 8 pin gray cable into it and power from the battery will power both camera and gimbal. There is absolutely nothing you need to operate the gimbal such as the gtc whatever that acronym stands for.

If you have the chance to buy the H3-3D gimbal get it as it is a better gimbal but it comes with a USB connector for the GoPro camera.to transmit video to the FPV system. On the H3-2D the 30 pin connector supplies power and video to and from the GoPro camera.

Do not power up the P2 without an antenna attached to the video transmitter.
Hey, thanks for your quick reply,

What cable do I need and is it a generic cable or a proprietary cable from dji?

Also, where can I buy extra batteries? Because even without gimbal, I still only get about 10 min of batterylife, before the red light indicator turns on.

And, I've heard it lands where you started, but mine tries to land just where it is hovering.

Again thanks,
Steven

Hey, thanks for your quick reply,

What cable do I need and is it a generic cable or a proprietary cable from dji?

Also, where can I buy extra batteries? Because even without gimbal, I still only get about 10 min of batterylife, before the red light indicator turns on.

And, I've heard it lands where you started, but mine tries to land just where it is hovering.

Again thanks,
Steven

The cable you need is a proprietary cable and only comes in pkg of three one of which is the 8 pin cable for the either gamble. Not knowing where you live this link is from B&H in NY but the part 3 for phnatom 2 non-vision is what you need to order.

DJI Cable Pack for Phantom 2 Quadcopter (Part 3) CP.PT.000095

Now batteries for the P2 listed on ebay have an old model number of 733496 how good they are is questionable since those are close to 2 1/2 years old if they OEM batteries.

For DJI Phantom 2 Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery 5200mAh 11.1V

You can also use aftermaket batteries as well.

New For DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Drone Quadcopter 5400mAh 11.1V Battery Part | eBay

if you haven't the software for your P2 a link for those depending on which computer system you're using. Also, download the User's Manual so you'll have a heads up on how everything works.

Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

So I only need this cable to get the zenmuse to work:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-T...506104696&sr=8-1&keywords=zenmuse+h3-2d+cable

And the iOSD should function too without extra's with the zenmuse 2d?

Sorry for asking so much, I still am new to this. :)

Greetings,
Steven

Yes, that is the correct cable you need to power both gimbal and camera and also feeds the video signal to the TX. Now you have the correct plug n play cable which will connect to the CAM socket but make sure the power (reds+/black-) leads are connected correctly or you'll short out the power supply to the TX.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj