Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

Hello All and good day.....I just wanted to provide and update and let you know all that have ordered yesterday your filters are packaged and ready to go out in tomorrows mail...
Did you remember to place x2 sets to one side for me :)

I'd like a set.....just not sure how to buy it...i saw your post with PayPal address but i have no clu how to proceed.....on top of that i couldn't find a way to private message you......thanks.

I just sent you a PM on this site...towards the top right you should see you name and next to that is a envelope you should see a request there...

Reactions: louforgiveno
Just sold the Last 6 sets, Thank you all for your orders...If i get more demand I will look into options to purchasing more of the Wratten film so PM me if interested....

Reactions: wat17
Do you guys mind telling when WHEN you would use an ND filter? I was under the impression that you would use one if you needed to leave the shutter open a long time, for example to make a waterfall look like it has motion, or to make ocean waves look all misty. or even when taking a long exposure of a busy tourist attraction when you want to leave the shutter open for minutes at a time so that they disappear in the final shot.

I imagine you'd need a tripod for all these shots. The P3 it very good at hovering, but I imagine not so good for very long exposures. And I assume you would never use an ND filter when shooting video, right?

Can you help me understand when you'd use it then?

Do you guys mind telling when WHEN you would use an ND filter? I was under the impression that you would use one if you needed to leave the shutter open a long time, for example to make a waterfall look like it has motion, or to make ocean waves look all misty. or even when taking a long exposure of a busy tourist attraction when you want to leave the shutter open for minutes at a time so that they disappear in the final shot.

I imagine you'd need a tripod for all these shots. The P3 it very good at hovering, but I imagine not so good for very long exposures. And I assume you would never use an ND filter when shooting video, right?

I've only just found this out as I am new to video so hopefully Ive got it right, but what I have learnt is what ever frames per second you are shooting in ideally you want the shutter speed to be around double, so 1080p 60fps you would shoot with a shutter speed of 1/100 or 1/125. Now the least sensitive ISO setting is ISO100, on a sunny day this set up would show massively over exposed footage hence the use of the ND filter.

and I'm gutted I just missed out on these....:(

If you do not use nd filter while fly on a very sunny day shutter speed is 1/1000-1/2000 of approx. Then you will have a strong jello effect. If you use a filter nd then you will be able to set shutter speed of 1/50-1/200 where jello efect will be significantly lower or completely eliminated.

A good comparison:

PS: There is still another problem while flying toward the sun in a very sunny day: "propeller shadow"...

Hi dataway, please count me in for your next set, it may help with the jello issues I posted about earlier.

Curious though, why have ND filters suddenly become an issue on the P3 compared to the P2?

I recently purchased some -3 stop ND Gel material and setup my CNC machine with a drag knife and cut a filter to fit exactly into the removable lens cover that is on the Phantom 3.

It is raining here at the moment so have not had a chance to take it out for a test but will post comparison pictures here when i am able....

For now here are some pics of the filter and of it installed on my camera....

View attachment 19309 View attachment 19310 View attachment 19311
Message sent, awesome work!

I'm too slow.
Can you add me to the next batch.
And do you deliver to Australia?

I would like a set. I sent you a PM but it says I can't start a conversation with you.

That is a good article but please from my experience and testing, use a good Gel for your filters or you will be disappointed as cheaper ones add odd tints to your video and pictures and the clarity is not good for the cheaper Gels....The Wratten Gels I found were the best and I tested quite a few...Just FYI...

For others that have sent me private messages I will be looking into more material come monday as there is demand that may support it if I can get the Wratten Gel at a good price but I will post here as soon as I find out....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj