Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

I recently purchased some -3 stop ND Gel material and setup my CNC machine with a drag knife and cut a filter to fit exactly into the removable lens cover that is on the Phantom 3.

It is raining here at the moment so have not had a chance to take it out for a test but will post comparison pictures here when i am able....

For now here are some pics of the filter and of it installed on my camera....

View attachment 19309 View attachment 19310 View attachment 19311
Can you tell me where you got the gel?

Hey Buzz you are welcome and yes they have amazing clarity far above the others my friend had and we tested as you stated the cheaper gels gave a green hue to the end result...

Reactions: Buzz313th
Yep Shawnb... that was most likely me. I'm about 2500 ft. flight distance from the Lake. I flew my bird, from my house down past the Dolbeare School this week. Hit the max distance warning which I have since removed now. I can easily fly to the lake and back, holding my breath of course... but this bird is the steadiest one I've flown and getting growing confidence. Me and my other partners are FAA Student Pilots now in training and we should get certified in a month. Learning a great deal having to go to flight school and actually in the air. Making a lot of new friends at the FAA in the process...

Hey Buzz you are welcome and yes they have amazing clarity far above the others my friend had and we tested as you stated the cheaper gels gave a green hue to the end result...
Would you ship to UK? :)

DataWay, I would buy from you, but I don't own a P3P.. I'm still on a Hero4 and P2.. But I would like to run down to Kodak, which is close to me and pick up some 6stop, 4stop and 3stop ND sheets of Wratten2

Thank you again..

Hi Lew40 yes I can ship to you in the UK that may be an extra cost for post...
Cool. Is there any chance you could work out a price for x2 sets to be shipped to the UK

Much appreciation to dataway for contributing in this way to our community! He's come up with a great addition to our Phantoms and is offering it to all of us barely covering his costs. This is the kind of attitude that makes communities like this great.

Reactions: Fplvert
And FYI, you guys might want to buy a few sets.. Dataway is selling optical ND Gel.. It is not glass and could scratch.. But the amazing thing about Gel, is that it weighs close to nothing and you wont have to counterbalance the gimble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20