Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just joined this forum and just bought my first drone. Phantom 3 standard. I love it!! My questions are, I live in southern California and I am going to Crystal cove camp site by the beach and want to fly it there. Does anyone know if I can ?? Also I got the b4ufly app and I'm confused on how the colored circles are when I look up where I want to fly. Can you guys help? Please and thank you.

Hey everyone! I just joined this forum and just bought my first drone. Phantom 3 standard. I love it!! My questions are, I live in southern California and I am going to Crystal cove camp site by the beach and want to fly it there. Does anyone know if I can ?? Also I got the b4ufly app and I'm confused on how the colored circles are when I look up where I want to fly. Can you guys help? Please and thank you.

You should be fine. You are outside the 5 mile mark for John Wayne airport. I use Hover as my location app. B4ufly is a little bit of overkill.
I fly Laguna and Dana Point all the time.

Reactions: Zoomonster17
I'm on the east coast but use
AirMap app
I would check local state park rules and regulations there. Here is a quick screenshot of your area. There are some current First responder restrictions...
d8d4c6fc71f0354e0f9769c8d6bf27b1.jpg

You should be good on the beach. Notice the elementary school. Don't fly in that area. Hope this helps a bit.
5d5fc3650b15851bc9ba50cb5adb857c.jpg

Crystal Cove State Park is one of Orange County’s largest remaining examples of open space and natural seashore. It features 3.2 miles of beach, 2,400 acres of backcountry wilderness and an offshore underwater area.

You should be good on the beach. Notice the elementary school. Don't fly in that area. Hope this helps a bit.
5d5fc3650b15851bc9ba50cb5adb857c.jpg
That spot to the right with the street loops is a camping site. Its where I will be staying. Do you think I could launch it from that site? Also could I launch it directly from the sand in the beach ? Thank you guys.

I'm on the east coast but use
AirMap app
I would check local state park rules and regulations there. Here is a quick screenshot of your area. There are some current First responder restrictions...
d8d4c6fc71f0354e0f9769c8d6bf27b1.jpg
So on that app if it's yellow then don't fly but if there's nothing like the spot that is marked it's okay to fly?

I would not takeoff from the sand. I heard that when you start your props it might lift up some sand inside your drone. when in the beach I always hold my drone in the air for takeoff, be careful doing it this way though.

I would not takeoff from the sand. I heard that when you start your props it might lift up some sand inside your drone. when in the beach I always hold my drone in the air for takeoff, be careful doing it this way though.

I take off from the wet sand to avoid blow back

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31