"Critical low battery", "motor obstructed"

Reaction score
Was flying at 130ft alt about 500yds away over a clear hay patch when an audible announced for a split second"CRITICAL LOW BATTERY", and at the same time a text alert "motor obstructed". I don't know if a bug or bird or something hit a prop or what? I just let it hover there for a few seconds, everything looked normal, the battery was showing 55%, so I flew it back to me, did a hand catch, and felt for vibrations before shutting it down. Examined props and everything else, no sign of any problems. Pretty scary.
Any ideas what it could have been?. I'll try to fly some tomorrow,,cautiously and see what happens. Gary

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff48
Do you see those messages in your flight log? If you didn't already check, you can upload your TXT flight log here.

Do you see those messages in your flight log? If you didn't already check, you can upload your TXT flight log here.
Thanks for the reply. The only thing abnormal as far as I can tell is this line from the log that has the "Motor Obstructed" msg. Flying over clear hay field, no obstructions, no birds in sight,,but it was too far to see birds. I have flown a couple of shorter flights since then without any problems except a very quick black glitch in the video once or twice. Below is the line from the log:
9m 41.5s P-GPS 18satellites 133.2ft 25.0mph 1,781.8ft 52% 14.491V 3.602V 3.628V 3.645V 3.616V 0.043V Motor Obstructed; Motor Obstructed
The critical low battery msg. was an audible, and none of the battery voltages were ever recorded out of "normal". I see no signs of anything hitting the AC anywhere. The props had only one or two flights on them.
??? I'll try to fly again soon and keep a close watch on things. Thanks, Gary

Thanks for the reply. The only thing abnormal as far as I can tell is this line from the log that has the "Motor Obstructed" msg. Flying over clear hay field, no obstructions, no birds in sight,,but it was too far to see birds. I have flown a couple of shorter flights since then without any problems except a very quick black glitch in the video once or twice. Below is the line from the log:
9m 41.5s P-GPS 18satellites 133.2ft 25.0mph 1,781.8ft 52% 14.491V 3.602V 3.628V 3.645V 3.616V 0.043V Motor Obstructed; Motor Obstructed
The critical low battery msg. was an audible, and none of the battery voltages were ever recorded out of "normal". I see no signs of anything hitting the AC anywhere. The props had only one or two flights on them.
??? I'll try to fly again soon and keep a close watch on things. Thanks, Gary
I've flown several times since and no problems. I did an IMU cal which helped with the "aircraft warming up " time. So far all is well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl