Creating line work for survey plans

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on how to create line work from the agisoft photoscan output? Basically how do I take What I get from photoscan and create a topographic survey plan from it? Trace the orthophoto and overlay the dem? Is there a way to elevate every node I create from the line work?

Photoscan has the ability to generate contours, although you don't have a lot of control over their creation. You might get better results if you classify your model and remove vegetation and create that surface from the sparse point cloud, rather than the dense cloud. Sometimes the contours get a bit rowdy when there are a ton of points.

Photoscan contour menu:
PhotoscanContourMenu.JPG

Otherwise, you'll need to create a contoured surface from the DEM or point cloud. This can be done in programs such as Global Mapper, ArcMap, AutoCAD, etc. The point cloud and DEM both have horizontal and vertical data stored in them, but you'll need another program to generate contours from that data.

Thanks for the responses. Any idea about creating line work that includes elevations? Besically making a survey site plan.

You could always import the point cloud into Civil 3D and draw your linework using 3D node snaps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT