Using drones for wildfire?

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been a land surveyor up here in British Columbia for the last 8 years and recently ive started to play around with my phantom 4 pro and photoscan to create orthophotos, point clouds ECT. This summer ive decided to take a break from surveying and am working as a wildfire firefighter. Since I already have the skills and equipment to survey with uavs I was wondering if I could help my crew out in some way. We currently outsource our drone work to a company but they are a small outfit (one crew) for the entire province so the chances they'll get put on the same fire as my crew are slim.

I am wondering if anyone here has some knowledge on what kind of deliverables I could offer that would assist in firefighting? Ortho photos could help and obviously thermal imaging but the only kits ive seen for my drone are upwards of $5000 which is out of my budget. Any suggestions with those of experience in this field would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You might be better served creating and account and posting your question over in the Commercial Drone Pilots forum where more people are doing things exactly like what you're asking about.
Commercial Drone Pilots Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20