Crashed my Phantom 4....need advice

Reaction score
I ran full speed into some power lines and came crashing down on the street.

Sent the drone to Drone Nerds (Miami) for an estimate. They quoted the following:

$439 for camera and gimbal.
$215 for a complete shell
$108 for one motor.
labor is included in the $762 cost of repair.

Thoughts? Options?

Have an email into dji.com com as they show a refurbished phantom 4 for $899.
I see a couple of places selling the P4 new with everything for $999.
I currently have 2 batteries from the crashed unit to consider in whatever I do.

Anyone know what a Phantom 4 drone (only) costs new or used?

Last edited:
First off I'm sorry buddy.
I see $899 refurbished unit only on dji store. For that price maybe get the refurbished and save the broken one to part out what ya can. If they do it after that work who knows still if it will fly correctly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: DocDiggler
save yours for parts and try to buy a used one on craiglist or ebay! or a refurbished one with warranty! also you can always sell the extra controller and get at least $150 for it.

Amazon, 4K camera for phantom 4 $379. If you order the motor make sure it's the right rotation, the body replacement is time consuming to replace though can be done. Take pictures and use YouTube for help. DJI GO store is pretty reasonable also

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Go to this link to start the online repair request (DJI Repair Service Center) and choose online repair request ( or you can also call them (+1 (818) 235 0789) to set up an RMA, also ask for them to send you a shipping label to take care of shipping and they also will send it back the cost is added on the repair.

I would just call since it's faster in my opinion plus I didn't want to deal with anyone in China and wait for them to route it to the DJI center in California.

85ca1eee94571d8ae792541fc481bb3f.jpg

Last edited:
Go to this link to start the online repair request (DJI Repair Service Center) and choose online repair request ( or you can also call them (+1 (818) 235 0789) to set up an RMA, also ask for them to send you a shipping label to take care of shipping and they also will send it back the cost is added on the repair.

I would just call since it's faster in my opinion plus I didn't want to deal with anyone in China and wait for them to route it to the DJI center in California.

Thanks,

Need to get my drone back from DroneNerds first. I may well give this a try but do you or anyone else thinks there might be a chance that it cost less to repair by shipping it to FL or even NY? At this point I am leaning on selling off what I can, keep the batteries, and buy a new or refurbished P4 or even what for the next iteration of the P4 or 5.

Well, it would seem that the announcement email I received today regarding the P4 pro put a fast end to this thread.

I will be getting my drone back from DroneNerds ($85 estimate & shipping fee) and sell what I can sell on ebay and move onto the P4 pro. If for no other reason the camera is most important to me (professional photographer). The increase in the size of the sensor alone is worth the upgrade cost. I am anxious to know if I can use the P4 batteries with the new P4. This will help soften the blow on my major mishap. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I did learn a few things.

When I crashed my P3P, I did the same thing basically, and took it to dronenerds because they were the "authorized" repair center. All they could tell me is they could replace the entire camera assembly at a price of about $550, they couldn't just replace the gimble arm because they couldn't get the parts.

Whereas sending it to DJI in California got it repaired for under $170 with shipping.

Send your damaged craft to them, it will cost a lot less than buying a replacement. Sorry you already wasted money sending it out to the "authorized" repair center.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

When I crashed my P3P, I did the same thing basically, and took it to dronenerds because they were the "authorized" repair center. All they could tell me is they could replace the entire camera assembly at a price of about $550, they couldn't just replace the gimble arm because they couldn't get the parts.

Whereas sending it to DJI in California got it repaired for under $170 with shipping.

Send your damaged craft to them, it will cost a lot less than buying a replacement. Sorry you already wasted money sending it out to the "authorized" repair center.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Good information. I definitely go this route first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

heres what I spent after crashing thru DjI...397.00 for gimbal yaw axis and roll axis esc board ,roll and pitch axis rear covers,gimbal flat cable,antenna feeder ,feeder 2 roll axis bracket,gear module,roll motor, feeder 3 pitch motor and full diagnostic .flys like new .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31