Crashed my Phantom 4....need advice

I have heard good things about the DJI repair route as well.

Personally I like to have extra parts, so I would look for a complete low use phantom 4, got mine for $600 on local classifieds. Many good deals on ebay on good birds.
Local was nice since I was able to fly it, test it out and have a spare bird in case mine has issues on a trip.

The repair cost seems very high and you will have more spare parts with a complete new unit, maybe even sell off the controller for extra cash.

Good luck with the repair, sorry to hear about the crash.

This is the beauty of this hobby
Running in to problems like that
My opinion is buy all the parts online and try to fix it yourself
There are plenty of you tube videos to guide you
In case you stuff up you will have plenty of spare parts
Never give up ! Good luck!

I crashed mine in April. Took a month for dji to repair for $266. Hide sight, I would be buy State Farm insurance for $60 bucks. Also, Walmart has 3yr warranty for for about $175 and have good prices on drones. If i had it to buy new or refurbished I would get the Pro. Prices have dropped.

I'd say goodbye to DJI products. I'd look at Yuneec.
The Forever ongoing Firmware Fiasco has made an impact on me. I have $2k invested in P4 and associated equipment that has essentially been grounded for 6 weeks.

The Forever ongoing Firmware Fiasco has made an impact on me. I have $2k invested in P4 and associated equipment that has essentially been grounded for 6 weeks.
Do you think Yuneec customer service is different? They all the same crappy service. The only one I hear good customer service is from Autel robotics.

Prolly are no different. But i have not been grounded by f'ed up firmware by any other company except DJI. Thanks for the NONEXISTENT service DJI. Seven weeks of no response, no fix, no official rollback.

Drone Nerds is actually who I bought my P4 from. I got a refurb unit from them. Been having it since about April of this year and haven't had a problem out it. Maybe you should go the route of buying the parts off of Amazon, and watching videos on YouTube to see how to do some of the repairs yourself. Before I got mine I had looked at a couple of copters for sale that needed cameras on them, watched some videos to see how easy/hard it would be to put one on after I priced some on Amazon. You might be able to find some parts for sale in the marketplace here. Let us know what route you take as we may be in the same boat one day.

DJI service is a lottery, people who work there would not care if they send to you a hammer or remote controller, as long they see sticker with certain number on it. They dont care. A bunch of employees on chat and telephone that are told to how say "sorry for your problems" and can only forward you to email with somebody else.
Do NOT buy new stuff from DJI is my experience.

Not only firmware fiasko, they will sell to you faulty product and box it like new. Its happening to me, I got a brand new drone but I am not flying it. Ikeep sending parts back because they are dead or I get a wrong model and so on. I am working for free on repairs on my own new drone. Printing ups labels and traveling to ups is part of owning dji drone.
My older phantom 3 pro = bad compass from the box, almost crashed. Back to dji, they at least said sorry!

8 Weeks today, Nothing from DJI except fraud and deception!
Like to see a Recall/Buyback so I could be done with DJI!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20