Crashed my P3SE.... sigh

An oak is one thing... but a pine tree? You got them needles stickin' ya in the face and drawin' blood, you got that bark floatin' down and gettin' in your eyes, you got a zillion branches - so many you don't even have room to go up, you have sticky sap gettin' all in your fingers, and the branches are too skinny and weak to hold your weight, and if that's not enough, the whole tree is swaying back and forth in the wind... it's a rough climb...
I climbed one once and I can’t believe how well you described that.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I climbed a TV tower in HS that was 950 feet... higher than the Washington Monument which every good American knows is 888 feet. But I bet my climb was easier than yours.

The tree I could handle. A tower even at 100 ft, nah. I used to be a fireman in my younger days, and climbed ladders all day long if needed. Just can’t, even to save a drone. Sorry honey, the antenna wanted it. I’ll call the insurance company. But, then again, she got used to it when I was crashing my RC planes faster than the glue dried. Well, not that fast, but you get the idea!

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
Post crash update:

So.. only REAL physical damage is a crack in each of landing legs.

82c716e34fced18f1ac5420e16aa21b9.jpg

a47be0a77cee646ed63898a83d46518a.jpg

All the props are good with no sign of damage... the prop guards are wasted, so... they did their job.

I had to recalibrate the gimbal.. it was pointing off to the left slightly.

Test flight went well.. check all movements in the air at a height of about 10ft... just to make sure... then took it up 200 ft and did the same only fast... all seems good... THANK GOD!!!

btw... RTH is now set at 85m ( ~280ft )

Last edited:
I would have just cut the tree down. haha

A lotof people new to drones don't realize and allow for RTH Flight is direct to it's home point! I'm amazed that you retrieved it!

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164