Crashed P4P into NO TRESPASSING SIGN

Reaction score
Big Fun this past week...was manually flying P4P over a river, practicing swooping in over the tree tops and down to 3 or 4 ft above river...was a lot of fun...was videoing most of it. Learned a very valuable lesson about manually flying....most of my flight was done where I kept eyes on the P4P to fly her...learned that can be a big mistake. Oddly enough a strange form of spatial disorientation sets in. I made several back and forth swooping approaches and I swapped from flying by camera view to flying by eyes on P4P...and that is where I got all crossed up on the controls, as watching the P4P the controls become reversed to what the eye sees when it’s flying towards you...the camera view on the other hand always tells the truth.
One such event I had turned the P4P around to fly it back to me, but there was tree branches somewhat blocking my view, so as I struggled to look through the low branches I got all twisted up on the controls and flew sideways right into a concrete retaining wall, striking the bottom of the legs and causing the P4P to flip over...I didn’t know until I found it that when it tipped over it smacked right into the pole of a NoTrespassing sign...lmao! Guess who jumped the fence, straddled two retaining walls to retrieve my drone, all while not yet realizing what the sign said...I was fixated on the drone. It wasn’t until I jumped back over the fence that I turned and looked at the sign...if that wasn’t bad enough, I hiked the 100 yards down the river bank back to my launch point, getting there I realized one of the forward sensor covers had come off...arrrrrggggg...hiked back, jumped the fence, climbed the retaining walls ...AGAIN... found the piece. And yes now I have a forward obstacle avoidance sensor out of calibration warning...wooohoo...propellor was chipped too, but I just took it off and threw it away...note to self , hover, use camera, for SA, then fly back

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj