German Shepherd destroyed my P3 4k

Reaction score
I decided to fly my P3 4k in a light winter snowfall. I flew the drone from my backyard, I had a combination of power lines that caused interference with my signal. By that time, my drone was already 200 ft or so in the air and a gust of wind pushed it backwards. Frantic, I tried to steer it in the direction back towards my house. But the interference caused a signal loss with the P3's weak Wifi transmitter. Sigh...

So not being able to visually spot it anymore in the snowy sky, I decided to drive around and look for it. I hit the return to home RTH as a last resort. Didn't work. So I decided to come back home and saw my dog was getting finished attacking it. Haha. sucks. The damage is pretty bad, he bit through the motherboard. Lesson learned! My dog hates drones! The landing with RTH was actually amazing! It was set up nicely for a landing or approach.

I would say I'm experienced drone pilot with no mishaps, but Murphy's law took over this time!

Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I decided to fly my P3 4k in a light winter snowfall. I flew the drone from my backyard, I had a combination of power lines that caused interference with my signal. By that time, my drone was already 200 ft or so in the air and a gust of wind pushed it backwards. Frantic, I tried to steer it in the direction back towards my house. But the interference caused a signal loss with the P3's weak Wifi transmitter. Sigh...

So not being able to visually spot it anymore in the snowy ski, I decided to drive around and look for it. I hit the return to home RTH as a last resort. Didn't work. So I decided to come back home and saw my dog was getting finished attacking it. Haha. sucks. The damage is pretty bad, he bit through the motherboard. Lesson learned! My dog hates drones! The landing with RTH was actually amazing! It was set up nicely for a landing or approach.

I would say I'm experienced drone pilot with no mishaps, but Murphy's law took over this time!

Enjoy!

LOL that's cool and looks cold,,hope ya dog all good,,,dog done impression of handcatch,must have been watching you in past ,,sorry about the poor p34k,,great home alarm system, detect and catch :)thanks for sharing

Does anyone know where to get a P-3 advanced for under 500? I don't think I can salvage this one. But I'm setup for the P3 with my hardshell and batteries with gear. I looked on Ebay. hard to say really. I really want the lightbridge tech after this incident, the Wifi is shoddy at best and limited.

That's too bad my friend.. I've got a few dog stories myself, eating rugs, tables , phones, escaping out the windows & more.. I'll be showing this to the wife for sure... Gotta love em hey? (the dog)
Man's Best Friend...
I've got a Pomeranian now..

Does anyone know where to get a P-3 advanced for under 500? I don't think I can salvage this one. But I'm setup for the P3 with my hardshell and batteries with gear. I looked on Ebay. hard to say really. I really want the lightbridge tech after this incident, the Wifi is shoddy at best and limited.
If you can get $600, you can buy one from DJI.

Phantom 3 Professional (Refurbished Unit) - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

I know it's not what you are looking for, but the 1 year warranty is tempting.

Edit: The P3A's camera is 2K, vs the P3P's 4K.

Last edited:
IN the Time that you seen the drone was not UNDER your control......Im wondering What the position of the RC unit was ...at times like that...im sure that you might not even know that question !

Besides the whine of all them four props.....them down position sensors emit a Ultra Sonic beam and that alone sure will
drive a dog to go nutts and want to destroy a drone......i seen it with mine and i turned it off in right side settings.

(just thinking your P3 4K might not have the downward sensors so ? my P3 SE has them )

Oh......i hated to read the story of the loss...good luck in getting another drone.

Last edited:

So not being able to visually spot it anymore in the snowy sky, I decided to drive around and look for it. I hit the return to home RTH as a last resort. Didn't work. So I decided to come back home and saw my dog was getting finished attacking it. Haha. sucks. The damage is pretty bad, he bit through the motherboard. Lesson learned! My dog hates drones! The landing with RTH was actually amazing! It was set up nicely for a landing or approach.

Enjoy!

WOW, Thanks. This video was almost worth the price of the drone. Nice doggy, patrolling his territory. You go Rover.:cool:

Enjoy!

I too have a german Shepard who grabbed my older drone and messed it up. Now with my v.2 I make sure he’s pre accupied before landing

Do you want to sell it for p

I would say I'm experienced drone pilot with no mishaps, but Murphy's

are you wanting to sell what's left I need motors for my phantom2vision+ ... If your interested...

Really......That dog could have been sliced to pieces But with the dog leaping UP and pulling the drone down by the landing gear with the 4 sharp blades even near idle and just inches from his eyes and veins in his throat...." That's ONE very lucky dog "....it could have caused the dog his life !

When i fly at a few local parks where dogs are walking with a leash...i seen quite well how they want to get that drone...some tear at the lease as the owner struggles to hold it.

are you wanting to sell what's left I need motors for my phantom2vision+ ... If your interested...

We might be able to work something out. I would say the shell is pretty much done from Fido's bite force. Motors and gimbal look intact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.