Crashed my P3s.....

Reaction score
Gutted. Crashed my P3s a couple of days ago. Simple pilot error, got caught out by a gust of wind and clipped a tree. Came down reasonably hard and got wet. Shell and props all OK, Battery done for. Drone comes on, connects to controller and DJI Go. But Gimbal goes crazy (tried the adjustments with no luck) and 1 motor doesn't turn. By the time I buy a new battery and get it sorted I'm guessing I won't be far off the cost of a new one. If I pull the trigger on a new one is it worth hanging onto the old one for spares? Feel so annoyed with myself (yet strangely calm!) As I've been building up experience and gaining confidence.
Sorry for the long post just had to get it off my chest!!

Yep, if you're going to get another P3S, definitely keep this one for parts. The refurbs are going for about $400 right now, but they were $350 just a few weeks ago when I got mine. So depending on how quickly you want to replace it, you may or may not get the best deal. Otherwise, you can probably find a new one for somewhere between $430-475 right now, but sometimes they do go down further than that (usually around the holidays). There may be some people on here that could help you find parts and possibly fix your broken one, but like you said, you'd probably end up paying a good portion of a replacement anyway. Alternatively, you could sell the controller and broken drone and then just buy a new/refurb, using that money to put towards it. But if you hang onto it, you have a replacement controller and some parts to use if something else goes wrong.

Good luck!

Reactions: liamchad
Yeah my friend just crashed my P3 into a tree. He booked it at full speed and thought the drone was behind or above the tree. The camera got detached and I have no idea if it will work once his engineering friend tries fixing it. But it's still one piece.

If he has to pay to get it fixed, it probably make more sense to just buy me a refurbished one or a Craigslist drone. I hate to bring money into this, but he ****** up and didn't listen to my request to not lower the drone. So I'm giving him a chance to try fix it before resorting to replacing it.

The drone can still fly fine. But I have no idea if that camera is messed up or doing to do something funny like you explained.

to the op here in uk we have the company drone doctor. Would defy be worth calling them for some advice on a repair cost or cutting your losses.

i crashed mine last month, ripped out the grey and white wire and broke the gimbal mount. i superglued the mount together and soldered the connectors back on the wires. it flew again, but i only got half the distance before video cut out. i bought a new mount and antenna's on ebay for cheap and fixed it. works great now. (the gray and white wire are the 2.4 Ghz antennas)($18 for both)

Cheers for the advice guys! Actually I just sold it for a fairly decent price (to be honest somebody probably got a bargain as I'm sure someone could repair it cheap) so new P3s is on its way and, weather permitting, hope to be airborne again at the weekend!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic