Bad night my Drone Phantom 3 crashed :(

Reaction score
Tonight I went out with my boyfriend to fly drone. All was fine until it went nuts and we couldn't control it. I tried to make it come back to me but nothing worked and it took off on its own and crashed into the woods. We had to go and search the woods thank God the GPS on the phone showed us where it was. Thank God it didn't land in the water. But when we found it all the propellers and all the propeller guards were broken or removed right off the drone. The propeller motors got damage hanging off. When, I went to turn it on I had to try a few times but finally I got it on and the camera was jerking. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can buy new screws and parts. Looks like no one has the guards in stock but I'll try. I'm so sad and I was looking forward to taking it on holiday with me next weekend for my birthday :( so sad.

Sheila-Anne

Tonight I went out with my boyfriend to fly drone. All was fine until it went nuts and we couldn't control it. I tried to make it come back to me but nothing worked and it took off on its own and crashed into the woods. We had to go and search the woods thank God the GPS on the phone showed us where it was. Thank God it didn't land in the water. But when we found it all the propellers and all the propeller guards were broken or removed right off the drone. The propeller motors got damage hanging off. When, I went to turn it on I had to try a few times but finally I got it on and the camera was jerking. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can buy new screws and parts. Looks like no one has the guards in stock but I'll try. I'm so sad and I was looking forward to taking it on holiday with me next weekend for my birthday :( so sad.

Sheila-Anne
So sorry to hear this. If you want to upload your flight log, perhaps someone can help determine what may have caused it to lose control. DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Sheila-Anne
Oh sad read but good you find it,ebay has heaps of parts ,prop guards etc,,cheap aswell,,unsure what happen here for it to take off by itself,,do you use auto take off button or manual take of,all remote switches up,,was it green to fly ??welcome and happy birthday,oh if not use prop guards again't you need the short screws or motor damage might occur from other screws being to long,,hope you can sort it

Hi thanks. I don’t know how to share flight information can someone explain. I need to purchase new guards and a new motor. I purchased 17 short screws for now I have enough long but need guards. I need to buy some glue to see if I can glue it back together.

Meanwhile I got a DJI Mavric Air for my birthday and I've only attempted to fly this twice at 2 different locations and I can't fly it. The first attempted I flew up like 3 to 4 feet high but I couldn’t fly it... it just stayed in that one spot. So I shut it off.

To night gave it another go and this time I could get it to do anything.

From watching a few videos one guy said make sure your iPhone isn't charging off the controller does anyone know how to turn that off?

The red light on the controller won't turn green. When I was updating the firmware for a second it went from red to green and then back to red.
Do anyone have any idea why I can’t fly.

Hi thanks. I don’t know how to share flight information can someone explain.
The link in post #2 above (from June 8) sends you to directions for uploading flight info. In a nutshell, follow that link and read the directions to find your info. Upload the correct file at that site as directed and you will see your flight in the log viewer there. Once you've done that, come back to this thread and post a link to that log viewer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20