Crash while using Litchi

Reaction score
Went out to film river today. Beautiful calm day. Set up as normal, calibrated compass, had 9/10 satellites 95% battery. Took off to pre set height then drone flew towards first waypoint. After few seconds exited waypoint mode then flew back towards me so hit RTH. Drone then dropped out of sky light a sack of potatos! Luckily crashed into brambles which broke fall. Resulting in landing gear broke but all else seems ok.

No clue as to why this happened other than Litchi glitch?

See the link here below and upload your flight log from the device and we can take a look and see what happened. When you upload the file, be sure and place a link to that back here. Follow the instructions to upload:

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Couple of quick questions. First, if it was heading back toward you why hit RTH? And have you checked lately to confirm what height you have set for RTH? Remember, that height is relative to your takeoff location so any changes in elevation could cause the RTH height to be too low for the aircraft location. And not related to your question, but it is the general recommendation of most of us here that compass calibration only be done when call for by the app or when the location changes considerably (100's of miles).

Went out to film river today. Beautiful calm day. Set up as normal, calibrated compass, had 9/10 satellites 95% battery. Took off to pre set height then drone flew towards first waypoint. After few seconds exited waypoint mode then flew back towards me so hit RTH. Drone then dropped out of sky light a sack of potatos! Luckily crashed into brambles which broke fall. Resulting in landing gear broke but all else seems ok.

Never heard of Litchi causing power failure.

Couple of quick questions. First, if it was heading back toward you why hit RTH? And have you checked lately to confirm what height you have set for RTH? Remember, that height is relative to your takeoff location so any changes in elevation could cause the RTH height to be too low for the aircraft location. And not related to your question, but it is the general recommendation of most of us here that compass calibration only be done when call for by the app or when the location changes considerably (100's of miles).

Hit RTH because although heading towards me was veering a bit at an angle away. The last flight location was 80 miles away. RTH is set at 80 metres

The last flight location was 80 miles away
The compass should not need a calibration at that distance. And without the flight data, it's all just speculative as to what the issue was. By the way, was the battery fully seated upon your retrieval of the AC? A loose battery is more common than you may think.

Most unlikely to have anything to do with Litchi.
RTH is RTH - regardless of which app you are using.
But falling from the sky isn't caused by RTH programming.
It's due to: hitting something, propulsion system failure or battery issues.

It won't be involved but there was no need to calibrate the compass before the flight.
There should never be any need to calibrate the compass.

The compass should not need a calibration at that distance. And without the flight data, it's all just speculative as to what the issue was. By the way, was the battery fully seated upon your retrieval of the AC? A loose battery is more common than you may think.

Yes battery was fine. After crash powered down then back up with no problems.

At quick glance, you never went anywhere but basically straight up. We need to see the mission profile. It looks like it either A) Never loaded correctly or B) There were errors in the mission plan itself. I am excluding All the ATTI mode switches for the moment. If you planned the mission on the HUB, share that link here.

At quick glance, you never went anywhere but basically straight up. We need to see the mission profile. It looks like it either A) Never loaded correctly or B) There were errors in the mission plan itself. I am excluding All the ATTI mode switches for the moment. If you planned the mission on the HUB, share that link here.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Was that intentional to set waypoint1 to 103 meters?

That's a very strange event. Things started to go wrong at 86 s when location data ceased, and then got worse at 88 s, at which point most of the IMU data flatlines. Data ends around 8 seconds later, which is somewhat consistent with a dead drop from 100 m. Power looks fine. It looks like a catastrophic failure of the IMU or FC.

Did the motors stop or were they running as it fell? You mentioned that it will still power up, but will it start motors and take off?

The aircraft DAT file might shed some more light on what happened.

Very odd indeed. Went in to ATTI around 47 seconds and bounced all over throughout.

Flight Modes.png

That's a very strange event. Things started to go wrong at 86 s when location data ceased, and then got worse at 88 s, at which point most of the IMU data flatlines. Data ends around 8 seconds later, which is somewhat consistent with a dead drop from 100 m. Power looks fine. It looks like a catastrophic failure of the IMU or FC.

Did the motors stop or were they running as it fell? You mentioned that it will still power up, but will it start motors and take off?

The aircraft DAT file might shed some more light on what happened.

To be honest I can’t remember now if props were spinning when it fell.
I’ve patched up the landing gear with duck tape and has a test flight and no flight issues at all. Only problem camera was off level and camera led flashing red. Managed to level with gimbal pitch adjustment to -3.7 but may need new gimble

To be honest I can’t remember now if props were spinning when it fell.
I’ve patched up the landing gear with duck tape and has a test flight and no flight issues at all. Only problem camera was off level and camera led flashing red. Managed to level with gimbal pitch adjustment to -3.7 but may need new gimble

So you don't remember if it was silent or buzzing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72