Something Strange

Reaction score
Today i decided to take my Phantom for a little trip down the canal, Charged my battery's got to where i wanted to be and calibrated compass all was well :))
Fired up litchi set the way points and planned a 10 min mission, then told it go !
Way point 1 380m completed
Way point 2 300m completed
Waypoint 3 375m completed total distance 825m away FPV dropped out for a second as it turned around and then it started the last few way points on the home leg Bird came home safe then went into hover mode above my head at 92m i dropped the bird to 20m and switched to follow me mode it followed me for around 20m or so
Litchi then informed me that it had Zero Satellites and the bird quickly sped off into the distance !!
Luckily there was a large conifer tree about 50m away and it was headed straight for it conifer caught the bird with out any damage what so ever.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or was it something i did ? I would love to hear of your experiences if anythings happened similar could it be a glitch or a potential drone problem ?

The question is why you suddenly lost all sats and GPS. Dropping to ZERO sats is a little unusual unless your GPS module wire came loose and tossed you into ATTI mode - at which time any wind would start to carry it away. Did you try to maintain control while it sped off, or did you not have time to react? Have you tried starting it up to see if you are still getting zero satellites?

I am in the process of up loading the video i will post it very shortly when i say it flew off it did it at speed 30 mph !!
it dropped all sats and did click into atti but the only thing i could do was rotate it forward push on the stick made no difference at all
It went from 17 sats to zero then back to 15 it dropped back into gps mode right before the conifer caught it

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excuse the video i left on the gimble clamp .. thank god for mixed blessings :)

i had a similar issue after I moved my tracker on my quad and then didn't calibrate the compass. I know you did calibrate so I'm wondering if there was some kind of external influence, I see your near ( not really near though) to houses, maybe wifi signals caused the issue

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The video is a little misleading the houses are possibly 600 m (1990 ft) away and have had no problems prior to this day so i am not sure whats caused it
so today i got on the old interweb and ordered a new shell as i have spotted a few cracks the side of the battery bay (genuine DJI Phantom2 V+ Shell $32 from AliExpress with 2 sets of DJI Propps) Bargain !!
and a new compass mine is the old type V2 the new one is a v3 with antistatic covering $7.99 hoping its plug and play
and a set of these Bad Boys that will lift the bird 3" so the gimble has extra clearance
LOL wish me luck ;)

Legs.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic