Crash unable to understand, please help analyze

If you freeze the vid on 10 sec.. you can see leafs flying arond because they where cut of by your props... so, you hitted a tree. :)

andersonpaac said:

Is that you standing on the roof flying it?

we're you bringing it in for a landing?

are you on the latest firmware?

I suspect - VRS may have suddenly made you drop into the tree line...

Buckaye said:
andersonpaac said:

Yep that's me and my spotter on the roof. It automatically descended and I tried to pull up. I am on the latest firmware.

andersonpaac said:
Buckaye said:
andersonpaac said:

Yep that's me and my spotter on the roof. It automatically descended and I tried to pull up. I am on the latest firmware.

Ok - in that case it looks like you may have hit the second battery warning failsafe (where it just lands) - do you know what battery level you were at?

when you hit that state you can flip to atti and give it full throttle to maintain altitude to try to adjust the landing spot.

Buckaye said:
andersonpaac said:
Buckaye said:
andersonpaac said:

Ok - in that case it looks like you may have hit the second battery warning failsafe (where it just lands) - do you know what battery level you were at?

when you hit that state you can flip to atti and give it full throttle to maintain altitude to try to adjust the landing spot.
Right, good point there but my first post was edited to reflect the battery was well over 40% I think it was close to 56 or so. GPS was 11 satellites atleast. I remember this coz I was just stuck And staring at the old after the crash. It feels terrible, the loss.

hmmm... well you could have one of the bad batteries that seemed to be plaguing people in the summer...

what damage did you end up with?

Buckaye said:
hmmm... well you could have one of the bad batteries that seemed to be plaguing people in the summer...

I don't know where everyone gets bad batteries from.... I have seen posts of high temperatures causing false peak charges and even worse. I live in South Africa where we have temperatures 89 F upwards and I have NEVER EVER had that. I have flown my phantom in the Namib desert where its 100 upwards. NEVER HAD THAT.

Not sure what leads to this but I don't think its temperature - Perhaps the way the batteries are maintained ?!

Have you cycled your batteries - IE leave them in the drone with the drone on till it dies - Or Connecting to a good quality LIPO charger and discharging the battery ?!

It can be tricky flying that close to buildings. You may get turbulences that will push or pull your phantom, not mentioning the metal structure of the building that can mess up your compass, or loosing a sat while descending and switching straight to ATTI, with all consequences. I can see a sharp reverse move just before clipping the tree.

sergekouper said:
It can be tricky flying that close to buildings. You may get turbulences that will push or pull your phantom, not mentioning the metal structure of the building that can mess up your compass, or loosing a sat while descending and switching straight to ATTI, with all consequences. I can see a sharp reverse move just before clipping the tree.

Didn't lose a single satellite, in fact had 11. I get the compass part but the auto descend and ignoring any input I'm giving is what I don't understand

Crazykaktus said:
Buckaye said:

I don't know where everyone gets bad batteries from.... I have seen posts of high temperatures causing false peak charges and even worse. I live in South Africa where we have temperatures 89 F upwards and I have NEVER EVER had that. I have flown my phantom in the Namib desert where its 100 upwards. NEVER HAD THAT.

Not sure what leads to this but I don't think its temperature - Perhaps the way the batteries are maintained ?!

Have you cycled your batteries - IE leave them in the drone with the drone on till it dies - Or Connecting to a good quality LIPO charger and discharging the battery ?!

I cycle my batteries often. This battery has less than 50 cycles in. They were well balanced.

Buckaye said:

Broke the gimbal instantly. Took major hull damage. ESC got internally disconnected and wires came off. GPS connectors got bent.

No evidence to suggest this was the cause, but tall flat roof tops are usually close to lots of RF emissions, e.g. from cell antennae and the like. I would not be comfortable flying at that particular height so close to such buildings.

Crazykaktus said:
Buckaye said:

I don't know either... During the summer there were a LOT of people complaining about an early landing bug (40%+)

I never experienced it... But by the sheer number of people who were running into the problem... I imagine something was wrong. Nobody said anything about temperatures being a factor though (as far as I can remember)

I did see recently that someone said the new firmware fixed this problem???? But I don't know if that's the case or just more speculation.

Anyway... I was just saying that if all else seemed to be right... The battery thing might be worth looking into....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl