Crash landing

When I manually land my p3s, as soon as it has landed and I manually shut down the motors, the a/c topples over on its side. I have lost a few props in this scenario. Any ideas, Please?

Use only the left stick not both sticks. I have done the same as you until I discovered the best way to shut down here on this forum. Again, left stick ONLY to shut down.

When I manually land my p3s, as soon as it has landed and I manually shut down the motors, the a/c topples over on its side. I have lost a few props in this scenario. Any ideas, Please?

Only pull down the left stick to land. If you pull down both, the drone will rear backwards as it lands, and flip over.

I normally bring Dron to land and activate auto landing :)
Can't miss....
If windy I'll grab it before touch down. Switch of automatically. Handy :)

You sure you don't touch the right stick when the drone is on the ground, maybe because you're trying to keep it on the landing pad? What if you bring it close to ground and then auto-land? CSC is a known way to get the P3S to tip over on landings, but full throttle down isn't, so maybe you're doing something wrong, or unique.
He probably has his left stick custom changed to do side to side like I have. My right stick does the forward and turns. That way I can fly with one stick. When he drops the throttle stick and it's slightly to the side, it will cause lift on one side more then the other as the motors are still slowing down to shut off. Maybe that's the problem with some operators.

Ahh Heli "Training Gear". I remember them well. We used MANY sets of them training Heli Pilots. One guy went so far as to attach a Hula-hoop to them to give even more stability. It added a lot of weight (which also helped to slow things down) and gave a greater area of ground contact. These saved many blades, paddles, shafts, gears (and the list goes on and on and on with Collective Pitch aircraft) over the years.

When done perfectly the CSC is an effective shutdown procedure but if your timing is even a tiny bit off you give asymmetrical thrust = roll over. Throttle down is your friend here.

As my friend @MapMaker53 pointed out even the best of landings can still be troublesome if the winds aren't playing nicely. We use Hand Catch so much that we added it in our Corp SOP manuals. I'd say I hand catch 99.999999% of the time unless I'm flying as an instructor (we don't teach this initially to students).

Great idea, I'm going to try it tomorrow, thanks

I've always used left stick down after landing and have never had the drone tip over. Infact after almost a year since I bought the drone, still using the same original props. Should I just change them to be sure????

almost a year since I bought the drone, still using the same original props. Should I just change them to be sure?
Inspect them carefully. Are they damaged? If not, they don't need to be replaced.

That's why I hand catch mine every time. Have read about too many flip overs on landing. Easy to catch...and kind of fun too!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT