Cracked casing near motor!

Reaction score
Hi,
For the first yesterday I removed and flew my Phantom without its prop guards. Everything went well. But today I did my usual inspection of the craft and found this!
DSC_1885.jpg

Of course this bit of the craft was covered up by the prop guard till now. I have had roughly 30 flights since getting the Phantom in september. No crashes (so far!) or issues. I have opened the casing once about a month ago to fit the aeroxcraft gimbal to the aux power supply and tilt lever cable. I used the correct size screwdrivers and did not over tighten the screws. I did not notice any crack at that point- though was not really looking for one and replaced the prop guard soon after. Given the number of crashes and how well the Phantom seems to stand up to them, I am very disappointed that my craft without crashes etc and a fairly few number of flights already has a hairline crack and worse still right by a motor! Is this likely to cause an even bigger issue or just par for the course and nothing to worry about? I have contacted Quadcopters.co.uk but no doubt they will cover themselves by saying it must have occured when I opened the casing. None too happy!!

bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4