Crack under motor

Reaction score
What do I do with this? Like everyone, never thought it’d be my gal. What have you guys done?
ec73361e2feea8ef9cdcfca3f0ceee45.jpg

Yep i can relate to that, you could use some epoxy and monitor it, but eventually it will get worse and a shell replacement is the only real fix....thats what i did to my P3P.

Yep i can relate to that, you could use some epoxy and monitor it, but eventually it will get worse and a shell replacement is the only real fix....thats what i did to my P3P.
Replacing a whole shell it's kind of risky... Even doing carefully, the cable system that goes to the gimbal is not easy to put it back like the way it is from factory.

You have a few options. You could send your Phantom back to DJI and get it fixed (they might send back a refurbished Phantom) or you could fix it yourself.

If you decide to fix it yourself, you can buy a new Phantom 3 Advanced shell bottom here on Amazon. Here's a video that shows how to replace the shell:

What do I do with this? Like everyone, never thought it’d be my gal. What have you guys done?
ec73361e2feea8ef9cdcfca3f0ceee45.jpg
Danny, it isn't that big of a deal to replace the shell, lots of step by step videos out there. I replaced mine awhile back. One thing I would recommend, though, reenforce the arms with plastaid. That stuff is amazing. It will pretty much prevent your arms from ever cracking again. Although the new shells are better, there have been a lot of reports of the new ones cracking also. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl