Corrupted file

Reaction score
Hi there, I switched off drone before stopping record and the file gone corrupted. Now after using djifix.1.exe file can play in vlc only and dropped the quality. Please advice

It sounds like you went to a little more trouble than you needed to. Next time, simply power your phantom back on, let it boot up, wait a few seconds, and turn it off. The Phantom will automatically repair your corrupted file although you'll lose the last few moments of the video.

I don't know what to do about your current problem unless you still have to original corrupted file.

I have the original corrupted file so what do you advice ? Should I copy it back in the card and take it to the phantom ?

Yeah I don't know why it wouldn't fix it. But again - you will lose the last part of the video. Maybe like 15 secs or so....

I inadvertently shut down the phantom before turning off the camera. I inserted the sd card into my desktop,. Then I renamed the file. But the file was never closed properly so it wouldn't play. I tried placing the sd card back into the camera and restarting the phantom which normally would repair the file, but it didn't fix it, presumably because I renamed it. I then renamed it back to what it was, and it still wouldn't fix.

The below link is a free download for a video file repair program which worked to repair my dji video after the restart phantom thing didn't work. I have win 8.1.

Mp4 Video Repair Tool

I have the same problem. But use Mac. Any programs for OSX?
I hate having to boot my Mac into Windows just to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Video repair tools that don't charge $70 for the working program or $24 to repair a single file are rare or non-existent. There is however a tool that works against itself and repairs your video free of charge - all you do is a little file copying to trick it. The tools' flaw is the method they chose to cripple the demo - the demo saves 50% of the file you repair with it. You will be amazed how simple it is to get a 100% repair out of it. First, download the repair demo from www.grauonline.com . It comes as a zip file which you expand to your download folder and it creates a videorepair folder with the gs.exe program which you will run to get to the repair. Before you do that though, put your corrupted video file in a folder where you can get to it. Create a new folder called copy and copy the corrupted file to it. Switch to copy folder and rename the file to something else - mine was DJI_0001.mp4 i renamed the copy to DJI_0002.mp4. Copy the renamed file to the same folder the original is in. Press Ctrl - Shift - Right Click and select Open command window here. At the command prompt type - copy /b DJI_0001.mp4 + DJI_0002.mp4 <enter>. It will take a few seconds for the command prompt to return at which point you will have stitched together the two files into one. The DJI_0001.mp4 is now the file you will repair in the gs.exe program and because it's two back to back copies of the file you want repaired - suddenly a 50% crippled demo becomes a 100% functional program! Run gs.exe and open Options. Under custom repair parameters select -single. Check off No CTTS repair. Hit the repair button. Select as your input movie the stitched file you made. Choose your output folder. As your reference movie, select one of the many good movie files you have on hand made by the same drone camera. Run the repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl