Contemplating P4 Purchase

Reaction score
Considering Purchasing a drone. Looking at either the p3 pro or p4. I understand that dji is not producing the p4 anymore which concerns me. Leaning towards the p3 pro, just looking for some guidance.

I understand that dji is not producing the p4 anymore which concerns me.
DJI is no longer producing the P3 Pro either. Neither of those things should really be of concern though. Discontinuing old models is the norm for DJI.

I wouldn't be too concerned about buying either the P3P or P4, I can still buy new stock over my way with the full 12 month warranty (batteries are only 6 months). I've had my P4 for well over a year and it still presents as new with nearly 900 klms and 40 hours flying time. As for parts, they are readily available and will be for quite some time given the sheer numbers of these platforms out there.

Considering Purchasing a drone. Looking at either the p3 pro or p4. I understand that dji is not producing the p4 anymore which concerns me. Leaning towards the p3 pro, just looking for some guidance.
P4 nice pollished plastic,sleek design,easy to fly,fast,,nearly brought p3p while back but nother couple hundred got the p4

I was going to replace my Phantom 2 Vision plus with a P3 Pro. But then after thinking about it, I asked myself why would I buy an old model? DJI is currently making the Phantom 4 series and the P3 is old tech. For a little more money, you get better motors, newer hardware, more sensors to avoid collisions, new battery design, and yes those quick attach propellers. I purchased the P4 and haven't looked back. My favorite feature is the expos setting where you can slow down your yaw rate, very handy. Gimbal buffer is great too!

I'd look hard at other manufacturers, after the DJI stuxnet firmware fiasco (Still ongoing by the way). I'll never purchase a DJI product again.

I'd look hard at other manufacturers, after the DJI stuxnet firmware fiasco (Still ongoing by the way). I'll never purchase a DJI product again.
What Stuxnet fiasco?
If it was something real and ongoing, you'd expect Google to be able to show something but it doesn't.
When you find another manufacturer that can match the function and performance of DJI products , please come back and tell us all.

What Stuxnet fiasco?
If it was something real and ongoing, you'd expect Google to be able to show something but it doesn't.
When you find another manufacturer that can match the function and performance of DJI products , please come back and tell us all.
At this point any other vendor would be better, feel free to do your own research, If you are not aware of the ongoing firmware debacle, and it is a Real thing, again feel free to do a little research, might want to check "this" forum or the DJI forum rather than Google, its just been an ongoing issue for 5 months. I would have expected a moderator to have a better feel for whats happening.

At this point any other vendor would be better, feel free to do your own research, If you are not aware of the ongoing firmware debacle, again feel free to do a little research, might want to check "this" forum or the DJI forum rather than Google, its just been an ongoing issue for 5 months. I would have expected a moderator to have a better feel for whats happening.
I have done my research ... and come up with a total blank, that's why I asked.
And my research tells me that no other maker comes close to matching what DJI produces.

I suggest if you buy a dji product when you download the apps be sure to turn off auto update. Then you aren't forced to deal with the horrible dji "updates". I only update when everyone on here says a new update is working. Otherwise I don't waste my time on worthless updates.

Reactions: John1960
Get a P4A for the better camera and don't look back or ahead for that matter as the P5 is still a mystery.

Sorry if I came across as being a little bent, but its been an ongoing issue for many of us since July.

P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

August 7 Month long DJI firmware failure.

I could post links to the DJI forum as well if that doesn't violate any rules.
It appears you have resolved your issues in your P4 and you're flying again (base on your Aug 7 post). I assume you rolled back the firmware OK, unofficially. Are you ticked because you didn't get the new flight modes for free? I don't understand your disappointment in DJI if you're flying OK. With that old firmware you can also go to great heights, get rid of wind warning, eliminate the REV REV when you start the motors, reduce idle speed to half normal (nice for windy days), all kinds of stuff. I'm happy as a clam with old firmware, considering these new found freedoms.

FACT: DJI is the only drone manufacturer that uses Lightbridge, all others use WiFi.
FACT: Wifi technology is lucky to reach a 1mi range. Lightbridge can easily go 2+ miles, and P4P version can easily get over 4mi as advertised.

Exception: P4 controller GL300C is more finicky, I use GL658A Inspire RC to easily get 2+ miles with my P4.

I can't imagine buying a drone without Lightbridge, or a similar technology (doesn't exist today) in the future. That simplifies the shopping search today to DJI products, if anyone asks me. That search excludes Spark and P3SE (which use WiFi), but that's me, a distance junky.

I'm still a relatively new drone user, so take what i say with a grain of salt. But I have a mavic pro and p4 advanced. The only thing I like better on the p4 is the better video quality. Picture quality is slightly better as well, but not hugely so. Depending on your needs, you might want to consider the mavic. To me, it seems to fly much better than the phantom. The phantom seems susceptible to wind gusts compared to the mavic. And I just find using the mavic to be nicer compared to the phantom. The mavic folds up into a fairly small package. And the remote for the mavic is also more compact, and also at least gives you some flight info directly on the remote. The P4 remote doesn't tell you anything at all without a phone/tablet hooked up to it. Just my 2 cents.

I chose the P4 over the Mavic for a couple of reasons. I like using an iPad instead of a small monitor. It's always a bit breezy in this Texas Hill country and because the P4 is heavier I believe it handles better in the wind. The portability of the Mavic is a nice feature if you travel often with your drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj