Consumer Alert !!!!!

Just a heads up, Neary is no longer at the address (8414 Pheasant Dr. Florence Ky). The house has been sold. Also, speaking from experience, if you paid with Paypal you have 180 days from the payment date to file a dispute and claim. After that, there is no recourse from Paypal. I went round and round with them today about the very subject.

I urge each of you effected by this scam to contact his local Better Business Bureau in the Cincinnati area and file a complaint. I did, and it only takes a few minutes. I may not recover my money.......but I sure as hell can ruin his credibility and reputation.

I paid via Amazon payments, but recovered my money through my credit card company, no questions asked. I agree, we should do whatever we can to alert future consumers to his scamming business ways. Matt Neary has duped many people. A search on truepeoplesearch will reveal his associates in Cinci.

I wonder if the real estate companies he works with know about his dealings? I wonder if he had a license to sell insurance in KY or any other state. Selling insurance and warranties without a license is a crime.

Just to be clear, he was not selling insurance and he was not an insurance company. He was selling a warranty.

Just to be clear, he was not selling insurance and he was not an insurance company. He was selling a warranty.
If we want to get really picky here we would say it was more in the nature of a service agreement than a warranty. It's more like insurance than a warranty also.

I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro. For $1500 I wanted to get insurance. It was recommended to try www.neary-aerial.com for a good quote. I spoke with the owner, Matt Neary. Everything seemed great. He has a one-time charge for the drone and no per incident charges like DJI does. He also didn’t limit to 2 incidents per contract year like DJI does. He even pays for shipping. So I signed up for a plan.

Low and behold I crashed my P4P a month later on Easter Sunday.

I called Matt first thing Monday morning to start a claim. He stated he uses an authorized DJI repair facility in MN and would generate me a label but couldn’t do it until end of the day. I wanted to get my drone there quicker so I asked if I could just ship myself. He said sure. However, when I called the repair facility I was told their tech was out this week so it would just sit on a shelf. I called Matt right back but got VM. Told him to go ahead and generate a label. I also left an email.

Next day no label and Matt is m.i.a. I left several emails and voice mails, all un-returned.

I was able to reach him Wed. He said he would generate a label but again not until after 6pm. I thought to myself he must have a full time job and does this on the side. This is fine but he should have a way (i.e. assistant) to help him with his drone insurance business.

So I got the label and shipped it off. The FedEx tracker showed it arrived this Monday. I waited until Wed and called them directly. Due to backlog they hadn’t worked on it yet, but said he would do his best to look at it that day.

I called today, Friday, for an update. I was told they are NO longer accepting insurance claims from Neary Aerial due to multiple and continued lack of payment from Neary !!!!

His web site is now conveniently down.

Needless to say I was furious!!!

I wanted to make all of you aware of my situation as a public service announcement
Dude, this guy is a Freaking SCAMMER!!!!! I would ask for a refund and/or file a complaint.

NO way he is going to honor your contract as he didn't with me and as he didn't with hundreds of others.

I would also look into alternate insurance plans.

Neary is a SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw his website is DOWN because he realized people caught on to him that he is a SCAMMER.

For me after my crash, I finally actually reached him. After much effort he told me to ship to to the repair facility he uses and has a contract with. They received it and advised me they are no longer accepting claims from him due to "continued ongoing lack of payment from him.

He since has not responded to any email text or call. All his websites and FB are down. Hmmm you do the math

So I was out $1500 for a Phantom 4Pro (cost to fix was almost the same cost as a new one)

Thanks Matt Neary for screwing me over !!!!!!!!!!

I filed a complaint with BBB and Paypal (how I paid; and since he never responded to paypal, they refunded my money for contract).

As a former law enforcement officer I assure you he has committed many felonies and needs jail time. The problem is the whole multi state issue. Not impossible but difficult.

Hope this helps
he is a big scammer in KY!!!!!!!! Not enough people are filling complaints ! He is opening all kinds of companies, and never deliver anything!!! Amazing how as consumers we are not protected! File complaints so the police can start an investigation!

he is a big scammer in KY!!!!!!!! Not enough people are filling complaints ! He is opening all kinds of companies, and never deliver anything!!! Amazing how as consumers we are not protected! File complaints so the police can start an investigation!

I tried but police dept A said to call Police Dept B who in turn sent me too.. well you get the picture. Because the person him etc are in different states it makes it very difficult. I even called the attorney general office in KY. Without a police report they can't start. But no police dept would open one .... circle upon circle

He deserves to be punished for what he has caused so many of us

I tried but police dept A said to call Police Dept B who in turn sent me too.. well you get the picture. Because the person him etc are in different states it makes it very difficult. I even called the attorney general office in KY. Without a police report they can't start. But no police dept would open one .... circle upon circle

He deserves to be punished for what he has caused so many of us
We need to get organized, I am sure there is a way , he has been scanning people by not paying services for accounting, kitchens, bathrooms... the list goes on .. I am sure there is a way and we need to find it !

We need to get organized, I am sure there is a way , he has been scanning people by not paying services for accounting, kitchens, bathrooms... the list goes on .. I am sure there is a way and we need to find it !

I tried no luck. I agree if we ban together we might could do something. Any lawyers or prosecutors in this group that can help

I tried no luck. I agree if we ban together we might could do something. Any lawyers or prosecutors in this group that can help
Then let’s ban together! It’s easy that way, because the police or bbb or consumer agency will see a trend with him and they can start an investigation

I found
I reported him to BBB at least
out that if we file a complaint with the office of the attorney general in Kentucky or Ohio.. ( found out he has scammed at least two people there ) they can see a trend ... and that is very easy... I could see just one complaint in public records ...I just did a background check right now ... wow ... he owes taxes and has a criminal record.. nice

They said is very easy , you call and you just email whatever you have ..
Maybe Hunch (member here) could help out- we know he was performing repairs for Neary. Good chance he lost out on this deal also, perhaps one of many contractors to various business ventures who didn’t get paid or otherwise got burnt.

It could be an idea, saw a review on yelp fr M someone in mason that he scammed for 30,000 dollars 4 months ago !!!!! Something needs to happen !

Back in 2017 I filed complaints with the BBB, and also filed paperwork with the attorney generals offices in Kentucky and Ohio.

Until Neary is located by the state, there is little we can do but to research his possible locations using public records. Once he IS located, a class action civil suit seems to be the next step.

And YES, he DID rip off Hani (Hunch) and other vendors doing his repair work. Matt Neary made a bunch of enemies.

At least I didn’t use his service contract to repair any of my birds. It may have cost me much more than it did. Lesson learned.....the hard way. [emoji37]

Back in 2017 I filed complaints with the BBB, and also filed paperwork with the attorney generals offices in Kentucky and Ohio.

Until Neary is located by the state, there is little we can do but to research his possible locations using public records. Once he IS located, a class action civil suit seems to be the next step.

And YES, he DID rip off Hani (Hunch) and other vendors doing his repair work. Matt Neary made a bunch of enemies.

At least I didn’t use his service contract to repair any of my birds. It may have cost me much more than it did. Lesson learned.....the hard way. [emoji37]
I do have a recent address ... word also has it in Covington that he is working at the DHL facility in KY

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl