Consumer Alert !!!!!

The only reputable and trusted company that can insurance a drone is State Farm. I will not go to any other one than this.
Do they cover repairs? Crashes? I had them for camera gear and only covered damages not normal repairs.

Just finding out about this as I was wondering why the website isn't working. I had a policy on my P3P and P4 and they were great to work with. Sorry to hear this. Is there anyone else out there offering similar?
DJI offers a plan. It might be the website isn't working because the business has collapsed however when I looked earlier there were policies available for purchase. It's a mystery. Do you recall where your AC were repaired?

Hey guys,

Let me see if I can respond to all the above posts:

I did call the KY district attorneys office. They won't do anything without a police report (understandable). So I called Florence KY PD. They said let me guess the drone is in MN. I asked how they knew. They said someone called last week. They said to call MN Pd since that is where the drone was. I called the PD up in MN who said no crime was committed here. UGGGG I think since it was over state lines I may give the FBI a call to have them investigate this guy. The number of people and amount of money he has scammed is HIGH.

Insurance: I did call a local GA state farm rep. He said it did NOT matter if I was flying for hobby or commercial, they will cover it. It was $60 a year with $100 deductible. They will try to fix first (you can goto your own place or one they recommend). If it can't be fixed they will replace. If it can't be replaced they will cut you a check for the declared value. When you call State Farm which I think is the only carrier that does this - ASK for personal article insurance.

Regarding my old drone. I was going to have Maverick keep it and use for parts towards a replacement. However, it was brought to my attention (and documented on Amex web page) that the property in question COULD be needed to send to Amex. So i am having sent back to me. Plus they were only going to offer $200 and I had to ship the controller back. So I suspect they were just going to fix and re-sell. So i should get it back. If, after amex is done, use for parts, sell parts or hell have a spare controller. My P4P camera while appears to be in tact has snapped off from the drone. Many good sources tell me there is no real easy way to get that back on, hence the expensive part as a whole new controller is needed. Landing gear is SHOT but thats a $50 part and minor labor. The shell and guts appear to be in tact and undamaged. So thanks for that suggestion.

Regarding the person who got their money back from CC. Most will just do that and either write it off or go after him. Likely they are just going to write off since a small amount.

Regarding Mr Neary don't waste your time contacting him. If you honestly think he will reply you are kidding yourself. He is a fraud and has spent your money. I would HIGHLY encourage everyone to file a BBB complaint and/or post on his Facebook (neary inspections). Use: www.cincinnati.bbb.org for that. Would be nice if I or a group of us could afford a lawyer. This man needs jail time.

I hope this helps even one person so they don't have to go through what I did.
I believe state farm is only for damage or theft but doesn't cover a mechanical breakdown can someone confirm?

I'd love to know which agent you spoke with. Mine checked and said they wouldn't cover commercial ops, even at an extra cost. $60/year is worth it. Wish my guy would work with me...
I know State Farm Personal Articles Policy does not cover COMMERCIAL USE.

DJI offers a plan. It might be the website isn't working because the business has collapsed however when I looked earlier there were policies available for purchase. It's a mystery. Do you recall where your AC were repaired?
I have one repair at Maverick. I do recall when I first signed up for the P3P he was using a different repair facility ...perhaps he didn't pay them and had to switch to Maverick.

Dude, this guy is a Freaking SCAMMER!!!!! I would ask for a refund and/or file a complaint.

NO way he is going to honor your contract as he didn't with me and as he didn't with hundreds of others.

I would also look into alternate insurance plans.

Neary is a SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw his website is DOWN because he realized people caught on to him that he is a SCAMMER.

For me after my crash, I finally actually reached him. After much effort he told me to ship to to the repair facility he uses and has a contract with. They received it and advised me they are no longer accepting claims from him due to "continued ongoing lack of payment from him.

He since has not responded to any email text or call. All his websites and FB are down. Hmmm you do the math

So I was out $1500 for a Phantom 4Pro (cost to fix was almost the same cost as a new one)

Thanks Matt Neary for screwing me over !!!!!!!!!!

I filed a complaint with BBB and Paypal (how I paid; and since he never responded to paypal, they refunded my money for contract).

As a former law enforcement officer I assure you he has committed many felonies and needs jail time. The problem is the whole multi state issue. Not impossible but difficult.

Hope this helps

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I too have been scammed by Matt. Have filed a complaint with the BBB and am working with Visa/Paypal on a refund. Numerous calls and emails have gone unanswered from Neary Aerial, and have researched a bit and found out he sold his house and moved since the first of the year.

If there are ANY of you that still have a contract in effect with Neary I urge you to start the refund process quickly, and be sure to file a complaint with the BBB (in the Cincinnati area) so others will know of this issue.

For those with birds in the service facility (Maverick Drones in Savage Minnesota) you may want to contact them directly for options if Neary doesn't pay the bill. Otherwise, your drone might be there a while.

Good luck to all those like me that just want to resolve this matter.

And Matt, as you are a member of this forum, if you read this be aware that you made a bunch of enemies doing this scam. You can run.......but you cannot hide.

Just finding out about this as I was wondering why the website isn't working. I had a policy on my P3P and P4 and they were great to work with. Sorry to hear this. Is there anyone else out there offering similar?

Not that I know of. If your service/repair policy is still active, you may want to start the refund/notification process as I eluded to above.

They suck on repairs!! Can buy their reconditioned ones cheaper and are great units. I have bought 4 from them now as re conditioned and are great and tons cheaper. Now have extra remotes, chargers and battries.. plus spair parts
...................................................................................................................................
I am confused by your post - couple of questions -

1) could you be a bit more precise. Exactly WHO is it you are referring to that "they" are, that "suck on repairs".

2) from whom and from where are you buying "re-conditioned" DJI drones ? I have not been able to find any supplier advertising on the Internet for "re-conditioned" DJI drones. Perhaps you are referring to other mfgs ?

In my own case, I bought a REFURBISHED Phantom 3. I suspect that REFURBISHED really means is that the mfg. over-produced a model - needs to clear them out, so does so by offering them at a lower price. Because of contracts with distributors and dealers, they cannot undercut them, so they call the surplus "REFURBISHED", when they are obviously brand new.

If I am correct, unless the latest model has some fantastic advance over last month's "latest model" ( now available at half price or less as REFURBISHED ) why not buy the REFURBISHED one. The only flaw in this that I am aware of, if you buy a REFURBISHED drone, you can not get the extended warranty.

Dji repair sucks. They charge u even if under Warren cause they always say ur fault. So I buy their reconditioned ones from their Web site cheaper than replacing the camera or. Motors. By the time u find a camera and gimbal or motors and stuff, u can get one cheaper and use ur old one for parts and still have warrenty.

For folks in Georgia seeking drone insurance I went thru Jacob Hiers.

[email protected]
770-926-8787

Out of the several SF agents I called Jacob was the most knowledable and the quickest to return my calls...

I wonder if any charges or an investigation can be initiated through the Federal Trade Commission? Being that he was fraudulently charging people from outside of his state.... this seems more like a Matter for the Feds, not Kentucky. Always file a local police report to have a statement and evidence on file.

I'm going to do the same! Thanks for the heads up. Please pursue complaints against Neary Aerial, with the websites listed above, as well as dispute charges through your credit card company and/or paypal to recover your stolen funds.

Just a heads up, Neary is no longer at the address (8414 Pheasant Dr. Florence Ky). The house has been sold. Also, speaking from experience, if you paid with Paypal you have 180 days from the payment date to file a dispute and claim. After that, there is no recourse from Paypal. I went round and round with them today about the very subject.

I urge each of you effected by this scam to contact his local Better Business Bureau in the Cincinnati area and file a complaint. I did, and it only takes a few minutes. I may not recover my money.......but I sure as hell can ruin his credibility and reputation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl