Compass error turn off GPS

Reaction score
Getting a compass error,along with magnetic fields interference. Trying from home location 25 plus flights from location,never a problem, recalibrate twice to no avail. Any suggestions?

Getting a compass error,along with magnetic fields interference. Trying from home location 25 plus flights from location,never a problem, recalibrate twice to no avail. Any suggestions?
The first thing to do when you have those errors is to try a different spot even if you’ve flown from that spot 1000 times. It sounds as though you recalibrated instead. Did you also recalibrate in that same spot?

If it were mine, I would check the sensors page in the app to see if the compass values were fluctuating to be sure the compass was working. It would be rare for the compass to fail, but so easy to check so why not? Then I would go to an open area away from any chance of magnetic influence and do another compass calibration to set a new known good baseline. Then I would not recalibrate again. Once that we’re done, I’d go back to the original spot to check it out. If the errors returned, I’d move a few meters and try again, but would not recalibrate.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
When you get a compass error, it's not a problem with your compass.
It's a perfectly good compass warning you of a problem nearby.
Recalibrating the compass won't ever "fix" the problem that the compass is warning you about.
Moving away from the problem is the only solution that will.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20