Compass Error Move Aircraft

Reaction score
Can somebody help me, I have been flying my P3P now for almost a year, I have all the latest software installed but since the last update I get ready to fly with generous amount of satellites but i get COMPASS ERROR/MOVE AIRCRAFT whilst inflight then I get SAFE TO FLY and goes to-and-thro with these messages so I bring it home and land. I have not had hard landings or any crashes or hard knocks. I have deleted the DJI GO App and re-installed. I would love your advice on this problem. With this in mind would you consider re-installing the software on my PSP and controller and then link the R/C with the A/C. I must admit I don't know if it is the the GO App as that has been updated recently. So in essence I've lost the confidence in the product. I look forward to your advice.

With recent DJI Go versions we have seen these compass errors more and more. It seems DJI Go app has become more sensitive to aircraft suddenly moving from one location to other.

You can try this on ground itself. Keep aircraft ready to fly and manually move it to another location may be a foot apart. You will get compass error. Move it slowly to another location, all will be reset.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: t2adze
Thanks Alok, I will try and let you know how I get on. It is night time and a bit cold here in the UK, I will try tomorrow morning.

Thanks. We should pin down the conditions in which such errors occur. We can then take up with DJI. Hope someone is listening and ready to act.

Thanks. We should pin down the conditions in which such errors occur. We can then take up with DJI. Hope someone is listening and ready to act.

I have just followed Ian Wood's Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer and fulfilled all the requirements with solid green thro' 360 deg and flashing green thro vertical rotation. I get ready to fly, I fly away from the home point and then get compass calibration required move aircraft - it switches to both messages so I bring the craft back and land and shut down - at present I have lost confidence in my P3P as I don't want it flying off and causing damage or injury. I fly with iPhone 5s and have the latest software updates.

Alok - Further to our conversation regarding my compass error on my P3P - I have now solved it. I realised that I was placing my P3P near one of my bluetooth speakers and of course the electromagnetic field that my speaker was radiating must have affected my compass. Realising this after persistent nagging in my mind I took my P3P to favourable place 12 miles away and re-calibrated and I no longer am getting compass errors even from the place I was getting errors. A lesson learnt - silly old me...and tell your friends. Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers