Reaction score
I have had my P2V+ for two years now and have flow over 10 hours of flights with it. I have just replaced almost everything in my Phantom 2 vision plus (I use it for Search and Rescue missions and wanted to make sure it was ready for many more missions), actually all but the wifi module and GPS module. So with a brand new compass I never expected a problem. Since getting her back in the air, I have flown over 20 flights. Yesterday as I was landing my 2v+ I get a compass needs calibrated notice on my screen from the app. I was approximately 50 feet away from the landing pad and my house is in the country so I fly in an area that has no or very little interference. I landed her and attempted to perform a compass calibration. I was no where near any metal, no magnetic anything as I calibrated the compass. I get the red and yellow flashing lights on the nose down calibration. I hooked her to the phantom assistant and it notifies me I do not need to calibrate the IMU. There were NO notifications of errors within the program, everything looked perfect. Once again I try to calibrate the compass and it goes to yellow and red flashing when I finish the Nose down portion of the calibration. I looked online and found a blog that talked about using a magnet to move in circles around the compass then calibrate the IMU. I did so and I get the same result. HELP.....ANYBODY WITH AN ANSWER???

My suggestion is send it to the tech guys at DJI.
Just done this in uk after a number of attempts at getting past a problem with calibration. They sorted it out for £25 plus postage. It flies better than ever before ....... Money well spent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers