Compass Calibration

Reaction score
My P4P always required calibration at startup. Now, since updating per the beta issued for my gimbal problem, it seems to fly fine, but does not require the calibration. Any advice?

It shouldn't require calibration every startup. So I'd say it sounds like something in the update fixed your issue.

It was not prompting you to calibrate if you are referring to this "Calibrate" button:

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass-from-Aircraft-Status.jpg

That button just gives you the option to calibrate the compass. If that button is not visible, you can calibrate the compass from the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass.jpg

Reactions: Meta4
My P4P always required calibration at startup. Now, since updating per the beta issued for my gimbal problem, it seems to fly fine, but does not require the calibration. Any advice?
What was the gimbal problem that you were trying to fix in your P4P? Who gave you beta firmware to fix your gimbal? Did the firmware fix your gimbal?

What was the gimbal problem that you were trying to fix in your P4P? Who gave you beta firmware to fix your gimbal? Did the firmware fix your gimbal?

The gimbal vibrated and built up heat. Couldn’t fly it and lost several months. I came across a forum where someone else had same problem and DJI issued a beta that fixed it. They sent the beta to my DJI Assistant 2 account and had me back in the air in 8 minutes.

The gimbal vibrated and built up heat. Couldn’t fly it and lost several months. I came across a forum where someone else had same problem and DJI issued a beta that fixed it. They sent the beta to my DJI Assistant 2 account and had me back in the air in 8 minutes.
That's interesting. My P4P had a gimbal vibration too, but it was only when it was tilted about 20 degrees left. It was easily reproduced by holding the drone from the top and moving it around at different tilt angles. It would hum and vibrate, but only at that one angle, which created jello in the video. Did your's vibrate all the time, or only at certain angles?

I sent my P4P in to DJI and they replaced the gimbal/camera assembly. Works great now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl