Commercial Remote Pilots section?

Reaction score
I see there is a drone racing pilots section. Makes me wonder, if there will there be interest and a section set up for Commercial Remote Pilots?

I'm taking the Aeronautical Knowledge exam for the Remote Pilot sUAS rating on August 31st. While I will have the rating (assuming I pass and TSA background check goes okay) that will allow me to fly commercial, I haven't really started any steps to form a business.

What form will it be? LLC? I'm sure it will depend on each pilots situation
What market will I target? Real Estate? Ag? Lots of different possibilities.
What is my time worth? Need to determine what the market rate will be.
What about registering for tax collection? In my state you don't charge sales tax but if you deliver something tangible then you do. So I'm pretty sure if I'm doing photography that will be taxable.

Is there already a site where these types of discussion go on?

This may vary from state to state, but generally there are no sales taxes on services.

I'm adding a division to my current LLC. And if you do set one up, make sure that you go to the IRS for an Employers Identity Number. If you are offering your services to other businesses, they will want to report what they pay you as deductions on their taxes and they would use the EIN. Also, with your business set up and properly licensed (at the state level here in Ohio), you can deduct your expenses (mileage, equipment purchases, etc.) from your taxes. I'll pay every penny of taxes that I have to but will take every deduction that I can! And a good business card, proper invoices, etc. just enhance your image when talking to prospective customers.

Reactions: Falcon900

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20