Close call? - Post your close call flight vid

Reaction score
This was a super close call when my P2V+ went into Return Home mode on the other side of a tree. I was scouting this tree for an Eagles nest.

I got cocky cause I sent a new personal record for distance. 1050 meters.

I thought that when the quad went into Return home mode it would increase altitude to 60M first and then came home. Turns out it just went right home. I think I was about 30M high, which probably would killed the gimbal dead if it fell from that high.

Didn't know about the close call till I got home and unloaded the card.

Post your close call video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7pOhWJNzUE

Ryan

It goes up to 60ft / 20m, not 60m. If above this height it will remain at that height and return home.

Hehe, that was close, soooo lucky.

Wow!!! It's like that part of the tree was trimmed for your quad to fit thru it.

You got so lucky!!!

That's crazy close. lol.
Someone was watching over your bird.

I had a mishap with a return to home test. Smacked into a tree and busted my gimbal up good. :( She (my P2) survived though.

This one was a close call from a week or two ago. In FPV I swear I was clear of the treetop, albeit close. As I kept watching in FPV I notice that those branches are a little too close for comfort even if it could be skewed with the gopro. I hit up at the last second and I'm pretty sure I just missed those branches. This was with 1.08. I don't know that I'd be this lucky with 3.04. It's so slow :(.

Anyway... here you go:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY0BRD7tXLU[/youtube]

If you say you did it on purpose it's actually a pretty awesome shot! Fits right through :) You do know your horizon is angled, right? Maybe you should calibrate the gimbal? Is that even possible?

M.Tigelaar said:
Dude! That is no "oops"?! Why do you think it is "not flying near powerlines" is mentioned in the manual? And you manage to take off straight under them? Seriously, guys like you are exactly the reason why drones are getting banned everywhere. This is no pilot error, it's pilot stupidity!

Serieus, gast :cry:

WillemvdK said:
If you say you did it on purpose it's actually a pretty awesome shot! Fits right through :) You do know your horizon is angled, right? Maybe you should calibrate the gimbal? Is that even possible?
Yeah, Gimbal arm is bent after crashing into a tree and so the horizon is canted. I correct it in post when I need to.

Thinking about bending the arm back, but worried about snapping it and having no camera at all.

WillemvdK said:
M.Tigelaar said:
Dude! That is no "oops"?! Why do you think it is "not flying near powerlines" is mentioned in the manual? And you manage to take off straight under them? Seriously, guys like you are exactly the reason why drones are getting banned everywhere. This is no pilot error, it's pilot stupidity!

Bla bla bla ;)
You're a Nice guy .........not.
(Met je serieus gast en stupidity ........ pfffffff beledigend mannetje ben je.......jammer) :roll:
Banned? By who ???? Flying on your own land and banned ???
I live there and have no problem at all.
I fly the p2v and the p2v+ many many times in that area, no problem.

One more for you Willempie :
http://youtu.be/rvzqHhZSEtY

WillemvdK said:
M.Tigelaar said:

Is it an FAA rule that flying near power lines is forbidden? From what I can gather from the video, he was flying on private property away from crowded areas. What he chooses to do in his own backyard is his choice! Besides, if he were to hit the cables, the only damage would have been to his bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl