Class E Restriction-Helipad?

Reaction score
I live in a rural area (<100 ft elevation) between a mountain (at least 1100 ft elevation) and a ridge (at least 200 Ft elevation) and when I flew 1st time and only time, I got a Class E warning on DGI App. I am not near a fixed wing AP but I assume the warning is due to helipad at local hospital. Not sure exact distance from me but as the crow flies, maybe 4-5 miles and on other side of mountain.

I see Life Flight flying over mountain to Hospital probably 1/2 mile away and it has to be at 2000-2500 ft altitude. Not sure what my responsibility is as far as flying and was confused reading regs about notifying hospita and why? Any help would be appreciated.

I live in a rural area (<100 ft elevation) between a mountain (at least 1100 ft elevation) and a ridge (at least 200 Ft elevation) and when I flew 1st time and only time, I got a Class E warning on DGI App. I am not near a fixed wing AP but I assume the warning is due to helipad at local hospital. Not sure exact distance from me but as the crow flies, maybe 4-5 miles and on other side of mountain.

I see Life Flight flying over mountain to Hospital probably 1/2 mile away and it has to be at 2000-2500 ft altitude. Not sure what my responsibility is as far as flying and was confused reading regs about notifying hospita and why? Any help would be appreciated.

If you are flying recreationally then you need to notify any airports within 5 miles, including heliports. You may be able to come to a standing agreement with them, especially if you are not flying anywhere that might conflict with their operations. The airspace class is not relevant unless you fly in Class B.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West