Christmas Promotion!!

BobUnplugged said:
I can't understand why someone would be mad at DJI over this. Very often, folks pay a premium to be the first on their block with the newest gizmo, and this appears to be one of those cases. You paid for, and received, exactly what you bargained for, at exactly the price you agreed to pay.

If DJI decides to have a buy-one-get-one-free sale, that is certainly their business. Most businesses (rightfully) reserve the right to price their products as they see fit, often based on all kinds of variables (supply, demand, etc.)

Don't grumble!! You got your new toy before everyone else. No one can take that away from you.

Nope... I did not receive what was so diligently advertised on DJI's website and elsewhere. I did not receive exactly what I bargained for either. The P2V was supposed to have IOC right out of the box, for one thing. What I bargained for was a well tested piece of equipment that, due to its intended use, needs to be as stable as humanly possible... in order to prevent injury, damage to property or worse.

What I got was less than was advertised. What I got was less than was safe. I feel pretty justified in grumbling... :D :D :D

BobUnplugged said:
I can't understand why someone would be mad at DJI over this. Very often, folks pay a premium to be the first on their block with the newest gizmo, and this appears to be one of those cases. You paid for, and received, exactly what you bargained for, at exactly the price you agreed to pay.

If DJI decides to have a buy-one-get-one-free sale, that is certainly their business. Most businesses (rightfully) reserve the right to price their products as they see fit, often based on all kinds of variables (supply, demand, etc.)

Don't grumble!! You got your new toy before everyone else. No one can take that away from you.

I think if the Vision did not have the issues it has had it would be a different story. How many people have crashed it at no fault of theirs? How many updates have their been since the unit has come out? The one's reading post like these are the lucky one's. How many bought the vision because they thought it was cool and in theory easy to use only to then find this forum because of issues they are having

Personally if I would have bought the Vision a month ago and have had the same issues some of these folks are having...........then DJI comes along a few weeks later and offers a "Free Battery" I would be really pissed also

Here's a thought..........fix your software / hardware issues and skip the free battery

FASTFJR said:
BobUnplugged said:

I think if the Vision did not have the issues it has had it would be a different story. How many people have crashed it at no fault of theirs? How many updates have their been since the unit has come out? The one's reading post like these are the lucky one's. How many bought the vision because they thought it was cool and in theory easy to use only to then find this forum because of issues they are having

Personally if I would have bought the Vision a month ago and have had the same issues some of these folks are having...........then DJI comes along a few weeks later and offers a "Free Battery" I would be really pissed also

Here's a thought..........fix your software / hardware issues and skip the free battery

I think you're conflating issues. At least as it pertains to my post. If you aren't happy with the product, that's one thing. If you're sore because the price went down after you bought yours, that's another.

BobUnplugged said:
FASTFJR said:
BobUnplugged said:

AS PULL_UP said
Anyone buying now gets, thanks to US and our experiences and feedback: no invalid battery issues, a Tx that's easy to update with external usb port, all the latest firmware so no need to go through that process (including camera update which is causing some people trouble), as well as a goldmine of experiences, hints and tips from us users... especially bearing in mind the DJI wiki still doesn't have a dedicated Vision section.
And now a free battery !!
Glen

Aaaaaargh, and I just took delivery of FOUR batteries for my new Phantom Vision, at full price!

IAP said:
Aaaaaargh, and I just took delivery of FOUR batteries for my new Phantom Vision, at full price!

Ouch!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I picked up my Phantom Vision last Friday evening and also two batteries from Dronefly. All at full price. Ouch.

This seems to be typical DJI (in their wisdom) It was not so long ago {Aug 2013} when many of us paid $679 for original Phantom to see it's price reduced to $479 months prior to Vision release. It's probably the bitter taste that left me with as to why I didn't buy the Vision.

And as mentioned earlier, as soon as a competative version comes out, I'll probably consider it before another DJI product. "Nice knowing you Colin"...

Migmon said:
fyi if you want to give them some bad press just send a tweet to @djiglobal

Thank you for the heads-up.... Now I can publicly thank DJI for being a PV beta tester and then getting screwed out of a free battery!!! Awesome PR, DJI! Never again, will I buy DJI!!!

I never heard back from my dealer today. Hopefully he actually is looking into it. If I don't hear something soon I am inclined just to return mine in the box, unopened, and purchase it again with the free battery this time.

I also e-mailed DJI and haven't heard anything back. I think we should all make a fuss about this.

Obviously there are going to be price drops and hardware changes as a product goes through its life cycle, but the majority of people on here literally just bought theirs.

What I would do if I were DJI is something like this: anyone who purchased on or after November 15, 2013 gets a battery. Anyone who purchased before that date gets a $50 promo code for a new battery.

I checked with my dealer and they said it was only for new purchases so I'm out of luck. I think the smartest thing is for everybody to publicly complain on Twitter at @DJIglobal, since it's public. If you can find Colin guinns twitter I would hit him up too. I'll also post on fb.

Migmon said:
I checked with my dealer and they said it was only for new purchases so I'm out of luck. I think the smartest thing is for everybody to publicly complain on Twitter at @DJIglobal, since it's public. If you can find Colin guinns twitter I would hit him up too. I'll also post on fb.

When did you purchase your P2V? How long ago was it?

Migmon said:
Pre ordered from century heli and I got it on the 5th of nov I believe.

I can possibly see why they won't do it for you being as that was a month ago... but it's still only one month! Like I said in my previous post: have a cut off day like Nov. 15 for free batteries, and give everyone else a discount promo code.

That will show willingness and most people would be happier than doing nothing at all.

Yeah... It's planned perfectly to announce this on the 10th which covers pre orders being outside the 30 day return policy. Oh well

FASTFJR said:
$118.00 for shipping to my zip code :lol: :lol: :lol:

No thanks, I'll wait until the dealers have the same deal……….if they ever do

I just ordered a spare battery via EBay - shipping from Hong Kong was $35 and the battery $159.....

It was a customer's YouTube video of a Phantom holding station as he flew another R/C below it that got me interested. It was another customer's video interviewing Colin about the new Phantom Vision that got me even more interested. Then I saw an outstanding commercial for a cruise ship that DroneFly posted, and was hooked. It was this forum and others that gave me a feel for the level of satisfaction that customers had with DJI product & support. In other words this community of Phantom owners is what convinced me to buy one.

Right now I'm disappointed in DJI in so many ways, don't get me started. I'll just say it was a poor business decision. There's still time to fix it, and maybe they will, we'll see. What amazes me is how these decisions are made by idiots who pay no heed to business history.

Here's an example of one of the biggest companies in the world making one of the worst decisions they ever made, how they apologized & saved their loyal customer base, and have never pulled a stunt like it again:
http://m.cnet.com/news/apple-to-offer-$100-store-credit-to-iphone-customers/9773207

iDrone

BobUnplugged said:

No Bob. How wrong you are! I did t get what I paid for. I got something that broke in a week. And now that I am NOT the first on my block I am being reamed and laughed at. Its about utility. Had I had this thing the past few weeks then maybe I would have gotten my 160$ utility. But I dont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1