Christmas Promotion!!

Reaction score
Now I am seriously p****ed
after all the hassle the early buyers (beta testers) have had - me with battery and faulty camera. DJI are offering a free battery to people buying a phantom vision for Christmas.
Not impressed

Thanks a lot dji

Mactab said:
Now I am seriously p****ed
after all the hassle the early buyers (beta testers) have had - me with battery and faulty camera. DJI are offering a free battery to people buying a phantom vision for Christmas.
Not impressed

Thanks a lot dji

(koff)assholes... (koff)

And here I thought Phantom Visions are good INVESTMENT that should increase in value as time pass...!!

And the Phantom 1 users also received a $150,00 coupon code?
I like to keep it with one brand but as soon as there is a another brand with a system like this, then i am out if they dont come
with a discount that we deserve.

They might be trying to make up for some of the bad press they are getting.

Anyone happen to know what the coupon code is? I would like to get something for the Phantom I had which flew away a few months ago if I do indeed decide to buy the Vision for Christmas.

I'm also wondering if I'm better off in the long run buying directly from DJI or from a dealer? Any ideas?

Might be worth everyone complaining to their dealers (politely and positively - it's not the dealers' fault) - if enough tier 1 dealers start complaining to their DJI reps about the number of complaints they are getting it might at least make them think about offering us first run purchasers something.

I've done so already and mentioned the fact that anyone buying now gets, thanks to US and our experiences and feedback: no invalid battery issues, a Tx that's easy to update with external usb port, all the latest firmware so no need to go through that process (including camera update which is causing some people trouble), as well as a goldmine of experiences, hints and tips from us users... especially bearing in mind the DJI wiki still doesn't have a dedicated Vision section.

More in hope than expectation but...

I would like to see a link with the free battery to see if it is true. When i see the link, i will stay with what i said.
The dealer gave me a great service with a replacement but it would be fair enough to give a discount to us if they give it to others as well who buy it now with no problems

On their website you can order it but it's 120 dollars shipping to the us including the free battery. Donn't know what the dealers are going to do.

$118.00 for shipping to my zip code :lol: :lol: :lol:

No thanks, I'll wait until the dealers have the same deal……….if they ever do

jimre said:
Drone7 said:
I would like to see a link with the free battery to see if it is true. When i see the link, i will stay with what i said. ...
http://www.dji.com

Thank you Jimre,

DJI is working with coupons and we all are registered for using the app so they know where to find us and they can send an email to require the coupon with our receipt to compensate us for all the problems we had/have.

If the product was working as they promised in all there fancy advertisement, then also i woudn´t like this Christmas promotion because it is not fair to do it so soon after release. A coupon code is welcome. For example a second battery for free when you buy one at your local dealer. Same discount so fair enough.

Drone7 said:
jimre said:
Drone7 said:
I would like to see a link with the free battery to see if it is true. When i see the link, i will stay with what i said. ...
http://www.dji.com

Thank you Jimre,

DJI is working with coupons and we all are registered for using the app so they know where to find us and they can send an email to require the coupon with our receipt to compensate us for all the problems we had/have.

If the product was working as they promised in all there fancy advertisement, then also i woudn´t like this Christmas promotion because it is not fair to do it so soon after release. A coupon code is welcome. For example a second battery for free when you buy one at your local dealer. Same discount so fair enough.

THAT sounds like a fair solution.

-slinger

FASTFJR said:
They might be trying to make up for some of the bad press they are getting.

Anyone happen to know what the coupon code is? I would like to get something for the Phantom I had which flew away a few months ago if I do indeed decide to buy the Vision for Christmas.

I'm also wondering if I'm better off in the long run buying directly from DJI or from a dealer? Any ideas?

I've always thought it a dicey practice to compete directly with your own distribution network. I'd wager the dealer's aren't thrilled by this turn of events...

-slinger

Well I am generally pissed off at the moment.

I purchased my Vision from multirotorheli.ca last thursday (December 6) and it arrived on the weekend. Since it's a Christmas present it has to stay in its box and can't be flown for awhile. I called up Multirotorheli to ask about the promotion and the gentleman said that since the promotion started today I might be out of luck!

I told him if that's the case I want to return the unit and I'll reorder it again. I'm sorry, but I'm not passing up $150 battery just because I ordered a Vision three business days too early.

He said he is going to check into it and get back to me.

Anyone purchase through centuri heli? Can someone pm me what they sent to the rep? I'm horrible at writing this stuff

W.A.R. said:
Well I am generally pissed off at the moment.

I purchased my Vision from multirotorheli.ca last thursday (December 6) and it arrived on the weekend. Since it's a Christmas present it has to stay in its box and can't be flown for awhile. I called up Multirotorheli to ask about the promotion and the gentleman said that since the promotion started today I might be out of luck!

I told him if that's the case I want to return the unit and I'll reorder it again. I'm sorry, but I'm not passing up $150 battery just because I ordered a Vision three business days too early.

He said he is going to check into it and get back to me.

I'm in almost the same boat and just as pissed. Bought mine end of November. After one week the camera went tits up and the dealer sent it back to DJI for repair. Now I haven't seen it in two weeks and God know when it will come back. They could have taken it back and let me buy a new one...

I can't understand why someone would be mad at DJI over this. Very often, folks pay a premium to be the first on their block with the newest gizmo, and this appears to be one of those cases. You paid for, and received, exactly what you bargained for, at exactly the price you agreed to pay.

If DJI decides to have a buy-one-get-one-free sale, that is certainly their business. Most businesses (rightfully) reserve the right to price their products as they see fit, often based on all kinds of variables (supply, demand, etc.)

Don't grumble!! You got your new toy before everyone else. No one can take that away from you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik