Christmas Promotion!!

Good to hear B&H is holding up to handing out a 2nd battery, but the window of opportunity disqualifies those who bought a quad after September 9, 2013 and before December 7th 2013. What's up with that B&H?

A three month window that disqualifies buyers? I think I will jump off a cliff now.... :lol:

Now i get an email also from the local dealer that you get temporally a free battery and free shipping. The release of the PV was in November here and the free battery is in December :shock:

pinfish said:
Qwadjok,
Just so you know I got the free 2nd phantom 2 vision battery from B&H when I ordered mine on Thursday. So it is not a mixing of the words

Glad to hear you got your FREE battery. If you don't mind, may I ask you a few questions?

1. Did it come in a retail box
2. Did you plug it into the P2V and look at the battery stats with the assistant software?
3. If you did look at it's stats, did it show to have any number of discharges on it?

I ask, because mine arrived in mere bubble wrap. It shows to have been discharged twice. It arrived with a very low charge as well. I'm wondering if I was shipped a used battery from the dealer after they used it in a demo or something. Not a great big deal, at least I did get another battery, but I'd like to know if this dealer is an honest one or not.

To all out there, does anyone remember if their batteries showed to be discharged 2x times right out of the box, does DJI cycle the batteries like this prior to shipment? I've only flown my P2V 4x, and it's original battery shows 2 discharges.

Ha ha funny, I'm in the opposite position than everyone else here. I bought mine two days after their Special Christmas Promotion expired. The special was still on the website which I clicked on and bought from there. In the notes where you can write to the dealer, I wrote that I know that I have bought it after the special ended, but I hope they still was in the Christmas mood and I would get the free battery :cool: I havent got the Pv2 yet (any day now) but after reading all this I have lost all hope for the extra battery. Luckily I also bought 2 extra batteries for $299 so I would still have 3 batteries. But of course it would be nice to get a fourth one for free. I will let you know :D

Klaus said:
Ha ha funny, I'm in the opposite position than everyone else here. I bought mine two days after their Special Christmas Promotion expired. The special was still on the website which I clicked on and bought from there. In the notes where you can write to the dealer, I wrote that I know that I have bought it after the special ended, but I hope they still was in the Christmas mood and I would get the free battery :cool: I havent got the Pv2 yet (any day now) but after reading all this I have lost all hope for the extra battery. Luckily I also bought 2 extra batteries for $299 so I would still have 3 batteries. But of course it would be nice to get a fourth one for free. I will let you know :D

Right now while you are waiting, watch every possible Phantom 2 Video you can on youtube, learn from others.

When you get your P2V, first off, be sure to do all the updates, P2V itself, camera update, and the transmitter before ever flying. Then while you are connected to the pc/mac with the assistant software, take note of the battery stats as it was supplied. IE: The initial charge percentage remaining, and number of discharges. I'm curious if DJI sends the batteries out, pre-tested/cycled up to where the battery shows 2 discharges. You getting 3 batteries in total, (hopefully 4) will be a good source of data. I'll keep my fingers crossed, hoping you get that 4th battery..... :)

Hmmm weird I just posted a answer here, and it seems like it was ok but now it's not showing up???

But I was just writing:

Wooooooohoooooooo I got my PV2 half an hour after I wrote my last post and I got the free battery :D

And that after I put my order two days after the promotion expired! Great.

Sh....t now Im sitting here just waiting for the batteries to charge :roll:

Right now while you are waiting, watch every possible Phantom 2 Video you can on youtube, learn from others.

When you get your P2V, first off, be sure to do all the updates, P2V itself, camera update, and the transmitter before ever flying. Then while you are connected to the pc/mac with the assistant software, take note of the battery stats as it was supplied. IE: The initial charge percentage remaining, and number of discharges. I'm curious if DJI sends the batteries out, pre-tested/cycled up to where the battery shows 2 discharges. You getting 3 batteries in total, (hopefully 4) will be a good source of data. I'll keep my fingers crossed, hoping you get that 4th battery....

Ha ha the last 3 days I have nearly done nothing else than watching videos and been reading in here.
I would actually like to take it out for a little flight without the update, just to see the difference, would that be stupid????
Difficult to wait :roll:
Am I the only one in here who was feeling like a little child when you first had ordered the PV2 and just was waiting for it to arrive? :mrgreen:

Klaus said:
Hmmm weird I just posted a answer here, and it seems like it was ok but now it's not showing up???

But I was just writing:

Wooooooohoooooooo I got my PV2 half an hour after I wrote my last post and I got the free battery :D

And that after I put my order two days after the promotion expired! Great.

Sh....t now Im sitting here just waiting for the batteries to charge :roll:

When you get your P2V, first off, be sure to do all the updates, P2V itself, camera update, and the transmitter before ever flying. Then while you are connected to the pc/mac with the assistant software, take note of the battery stats as it was supplied. IE: The initial charge percentage remaining, and number of discharges. I'm curious if DJI sends the batteries out, pre-tested/cycled up to where the battery shows 2 discharges. You getting 3 batteries in total, (hopefully 4) will be a good source of data. I'll keep my fingers crossed, hoping you get that 4th battery....

Ha ha the last 3 days I have nearly done nothing else than watching videos and been reading in here.
I would actually like to take it out for a little flight without the update, just to see the difference, would that be stupid????
Difficult to wait :roll:
Am I the only one in here who was feeling like a little child when you first had ordered the PV2 and just was waiting for it to arrive? :mrgreen:

At risk of continuing to be off original's topic, but don't risk flying without all the updates. I believe they made several improvements with regards to serious issues that cropped up with early adopters of the P2V. Please be sure and take note of the number of "Discharges" your batteries show when you connect the P2V to the assistant. I'd really like to know what 4 batteries show that have never been flown.

Hi

At risk of continuing to be off original's topic, but don't risk flying without all the updates. I believe they made several improvements with regards to serious issues that cropped up with early adopters of the P2V. Please be sure and take note of the number of "Discharges" your batteries show when you connect the P2V to the assistant. I'd really like to know what 4 batteries show that have never been flown.

I have now updated the PV2 and can tell that all the batteries shows 1 Discharge!
So that should all be fine :D
I haven't update the Camera yet I need a new card reader, my old one can't read Micro SD :|
And I going to update the controller now.
Now I know there actually are controllers out with the USB outside, I find it irritating that I got one of the old ones.
But ok I got my extra battery.

Ordered from B&H 12/31. What is frustrating for the inner child is having yesterday as a delivery date only to have it bumped to Monday due to the cold & snow. It just means more reading & prep time! Yet this thread made me think about the USB port issue and cycle times on the battery.

I thought all new orders included the updated USB port externally located... Since that isn't the case, is the promo truly to unload old models and announce on 1/7 the new controller with perhaps some other updates? Pure speculation.... Easy to do with time on my hands awaiting Mondays arrival. Back to the books... Need to read about assessing battery cycle times :D

I suspect they knew they had some positive press coming (NY Times article and others) and dealers were giving them feedback about the price of additional batteries causing some people to hesitate parting with their cash in the run up to Christmas. As they have obviously invested heavily in their new smart battery system, and made it the standard on all their new consumer quads, they need to get plenty of those quads in the air to both drive demand for the batteries and help "normalise" paying out £100 per 20/25 minutes of flight time.

Plus once you have two, you start hankering after a third, trust me... :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl