cheap range boosters

I have those EXACT ones. "PRIMIUM" range extenders..lol. I think the price floats with demand, I only paid $10.00 for them. Anyway, they work great.

I have those EXACT ones. "PRIMIUM" range extenders..lol. I think the price floats with demand, I only paid $10.00 for them. Anyway, they work great.

Cheap or 'cheepnis'?

Reactions: Frunobulax
CHEEPNIS!!!
I use this name a lot for my Alias, you're the only one to ever know what it means.

There's an 'Uncle Meat' here too, somewhere.

I printed my own and stuck on copper sheets. Works really well and would recommend them.
Photo on 12-11-2016 at 16.35.jpg

Make sure the controller ALWAYS faces the drone, if the drone gets behind the controller it wont get a radio signal, as the point of this 'booster' is to simply reflect all the radio waves forward.
Thanks for the advice.

One caveat.....
You must watch your point of no return distance! And, naturally, wind speed must be figured into the equation as well. My record is 9K feet with a 5 knot headwind. Your numbers may vary.

Yes, they really do work.

Does modifying the RC with the many range extenders that require one to drill holes void the warranty?

My brother uses one on his P3P... he did a very controlled test this week and found he got an extra 1000 feet (went from 2.6 to 2.8 miles) I have had similar results... so your results and manufactures claims may vary. Still and extra almost 1/4 mile for $15 - not bad.

Does modifying the RC with the many range extenders that require one to drill holes void the warranty?
Here's one of the things that's not covered per the DJI warranty:
"Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals."

That said, I wouldn't expect DJI to honor their warranty if you modify the remote controller and some type of damage is inflicted due to that modification. If you have any doubts, you should contact DJI directly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my tinfoil hat
Great Video and well explained. This just confirms what I already know but it is good to see the numbers involved. Hopefully it will ease the scepticism others have.

I see you have silver for reflection and wondered if there is much difference between this and copper or any other reflective material.

Reactions: Meanbean
Reactions: John Locke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31