cheap range boosters

What printer did you use? I have been debating getting one and it has to be one that does something of this size.
Check out Stepcraft. German engineered at a reasonable price, a very high quality unit. The best part is that it's much more than just a 3D printer. It does precision CNC work, plastic carving, vinyl cutting, foam cutting, wood carving, plotting, and soon it will do laser engraving. You can start out with a 3D printer setup, then later add what you need to do these other things.

Stepcraft Inc YouTube videos

Thanks, I definitely need this....I totally baby my p4 and inspire, and it seems like I get no range from either
Instead of auto channel, try selecting a custom channel, such as #22. When that's selected, you can then reduce the "Transmission quality" on the same screen to 4mbps bitrate. Use the Windsurfer. Also, try linking your Inspire GL658 controller to your P4, that will work much better with that craft if you want more distance. You should easily get 2+miles.

Another helpful way to improve things is to implement the 32ch hack. There are many threads how to do that. Use channels 30, 31 or 32 after confirming they are dead quiet for traffic.

Thanks man!!!!..... I've never tried changing my channels, I just let it "auto channel ".. but I can't wait till day break so I can try the inspire controller with the p4 and custom my channels....22 preferably......thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks man!!!!..... I've never tried changing my channels, I just let it "auto channel ".. but I can't wait till day break so I can try the inspire controller with the p4 and custom my channels....22 preferably......thanks

The primary purpose of changing to a custom channel is to set the video receiver to the lowest bit rate, 4mbps. You cannot adjust this bitrate in auto, the adjustment slider bar only appears AFTER you select a custom channel. You'll see it appear when the channel ch is selected.

The lower bit rate setting results in the receiver having less work to do, which turns into a greater distance range. This is because the farther away you get the tougher it is to transmit at 10mbps, which is the default rate under "auto". Although "Auto" is suppose to adjust this, my experience is that you'll get dropouts during this adjustment period, and many folks freak out with the first sign of drop-outs, and come home. And sometimes it simply doesn't always adjust lower. I've always been able to go farther more reliably on a custom quiet channel at 4mbps.

You'll like the Inspire controller, it's a lot more powerful.

ab19441bcbe2e986a933cabd96051909.jpg

I already had bought these a good few months ago and boasted how good they were.
They definitely work very, very well
And a few of us experimented with them fitted and without.
I fly p4 and recommend this product to anyone who wants to fly long distance.
Ps
Remember, flying long distance is not recommended !
Keep away from the public, towns and cities.
Fly safe.
B

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Certainly does give you reliability.
Remember it is not an electronic booster.
It works naturally from the antennas.
It definitely works to hold transmission between aircraft and rc.
Tried and tested now 5 times!
Good luck and enjoy.
Reds
B

It's real easy to understand if you compare it to cupping your hands behind your ears to listen to faint sounds or around your mouth to yell. The secret is directivity and the downside is it requires a bit of 'tracking' to keep them (reflectors) pointed towards the aircraft.

It's pretty easy to do if u are flying in area where there are no obstacles in the way and wanting to try test range to which we have done.
Yes it works.
I understand 100% where you are coming from.
Have you tried yourself?
B

Never need(ed) to for my type of flying.

However, I've worked in Radio communications for about 3 decades so I know why they work.

Fair comment.
I am a radio ham myself for 22 years and totally understand how radio waves work.
We are talking about reflectors and how the signal from the rc antennas with the copper shields on.

From

I'm not being snippy, just explaining why I believe in something I have not personally used.

As far as copper, aluminum, steel... no difference in performance as the printed, folded, dipoles found in the antennas are not the ideal 'target' and is much more dominant in the overall performance as compared to the reflector.

As an extra, If you haven't already, look into doing the "32 Channel Hack" for more channel options which have less interference. Just do a quick search here on the site, and follow the easy instructions.

I regularly fly in custom mode on channel 32. I never see any interference on that channel nor the other higher channels.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20