Changing Discharge Days

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a total of 4 P4 batteries. Can someone please tell me how to change the amount of days for each battery's auto-discharge from 10 to 5 days. Do I have to put each battery in the P4 and change each one's amount of days in the DJI GO App ??

You need to change the following setting in DJI GO while each battery is installed:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

I have a total of 4 P4 batteries. Can someone please tell me how to change the amount of days for each battery's auto-discharge from 10 to 5 days. Do I have to put each battery in the P4 and change each one's amount of days in the DJI GO App ??
Yes .. the setting is stored in the battery so you have to have the app connected to a Phantom containing the battery you want to change.

Note if you push once the button of the battery to check charge level, it will stop auto-discharge process and reset to number of days before discharge you setup.

And as good battery management always let the battery cool down before recharging [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Note if you push once the button of the battery to check charge level, it will stop auto-discharge process and reset to number of days before discharge you setup.

And as good battery management always let the battery cool down before recharging [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine dont, I have checked the level many times and the discharge days (5 on mine) stays the same. Maybe they changed something in the newer ones. Mine is less than month old

I have checked the level many times and the discharge days (5 on mine) stays the same
The setting will not change, but your battery will stop discharging and wait 5 more days (in your case) before it starts auto discharging again.

Newbie battery question.

If I leave my 3 genuine batteries alone for 10 days they'll auto discharge to a certain level and at that point I can recharge them?

If I want to discharge them faster (my app is stuck on 1 day although it's not connected to the P3) I can discharge them in anywhere from 1 - 5 days by installing a battery, connecting the app to the drone & not touching anything for whatever period is selected? Should I assume they should be sitting on my workbench with plenty of airflow?

Below is for P4 series and this forum category is P4:

Everything must be connected and up and running to change number of days before auto discharge battery setting in GO4 app. Because that information is stored in intelligent battery. If you got several batteries you'll need to do the same for each.

Since there is lot of settings stored in craft and battery: always have all up and running before looking to change settings in GO4 app.

Auto discharge will reduce charge to approx 50% for storage. If long storage, check every 6 month or so that there is enough remainince juice. Let's say at least 30%. Too much depleted battery = will refuse to work.

As per DJI instructions you can fire up drone and keep it on bench (or fly) to discharge but intelligent battery auto-discharge feature should be convenient to you.

If I leave my 3 genuine batteries alone for 10 days they'll auto discharge to a certain level and at that point I can recharge them?
You can recharge them at anytime. If they are currently auto discharging, pressing the battery button or hooking them up to a battery charger will stop the discharge process.

Should I assume they should be sitting on my workbench with plenty of airflow?
While storing them in a location that allows for plenty of airflow is probably most ideal, many people are storing batteries in cases and/or in the aircraft. I've never heard of anyone damaging a battery and/or it catching on fire by storing it in a case/aircraft while it discharged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl