CHANGE OF TRANSMITTER/CONTROLLER

Reaction score
I want to find out if Phantom 4 pilots prefer to continue using the transmitter/controller that comes with the P4... or is it better to upgrade to a Futaba or Spektrum? If not, why? If so, why? Preference for one brand and/or model over another? Anything else I need to know? Thanks so much. John

Only DJI Controllers work properly with DJI Products for the most part!
I am sure other members may chime in on this one otherwise?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmcook
is it better to upgrade to a Futaba or Spektrum?
You'll only be able to fly a Phantom 4 with a P4, P3P, P3A, or an Inspire 1 remote controller. I sometimes fly with my Inspire 1 remote controller since it has an internal GPS receiver and an HDMI port to hook up my FPV goggles. The Inspire 1 and older Phantom 3 remote controllers are more powerful too, so you might be able to fly further if long distance flying is your thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmcook
You'll only be able to fly a Phantom 4 with a P4, P3P, P3A, or an Inspire 1 remote controller. I sometimes fly with my Inspire 1 remote controller since it has an internal GPS receiver and an HDMI port to hook up my FPV goggles. The Inspire 1 and older Phantom 3 remote controllers are more powerful too, so you might be able to fly further if long distance flying is your thing.

Does that mean i can use a iPad/tablet without GPS (wifi version) since the Inspire remote has internal GPS?

Any benefits the RC having GPS in it but using it with P3P?

Also, i just purchase a GL658C Inspire remote and should be getting my P3P back tomorrow or any day now from DJI service.. my P3P/RC was loaded with the latest firmware and since it was only frame/stress cracks i should be getting the same one back.. checking this Inspire remote it says its loaded with 1.2.1.06+

Any special steps i need to do before i update this firmware to make sure this works fine with my P3P?

Does that mean i can use a iPad/tablet without GPS (wifi version) since the Inspire remote has internal GPS?
Yes.

Any benefits the RC having GPS in it but using it with P3P?
You can use the Follow Me feature or reset the home point to your current location after takeoff.

Any special steps i need to do before i update this firmware to make sure this works fine with my P3P?
DJI GO will prompt you if the remote controller needs to be updated. Other than updating the firmware on it, the only other thing you'll need to do is bind the remote controller to your Phantom. If you decide to switch back to your P4 remote controller, you'll need to bind that remote controller to your Phantom. It's not possible to keep more than one remote controller bound to your Phantom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strat
Forgot to ask.. I have seen some old posts saying remote will list a warning to update firmware if using it with the P3 is this still the case even after updating to latest firmware today?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20